Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA TECH

GTA TECH Want to discuss technical topics about your GTA.... engine tuning, mechanical upgrades, problem areas, etc.? Then post it HERE!

Old 10-12-2015   #1
Dano88GTA

Turn signals in dash

Does anyone know what would cause the green arrows in the dash for the turn signals to not come on when the lever is pushed up or down? I can hear them and they work outside of the car, maybe the bulb inside the dash? The blue high beam indicator works, which is between the two arrows, but not the turn signals.
Thanks,
Dano88
Dano88GTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015   #2
merc3065

Re: Turn signals in dash

Probably bulbs are burnt or they are loose/corroded in the socket.
My digital dash had some finicky bulb sockets where i had to clean the contacts and bend the clips to get a better connection.
Old 10-13-2015   #3
Dano88GTA

How hard are they to get at?
Old 10-14-2015   #4
merc3065

Both types of dash ("analog" and digital) require some disassembly.

I dont think you have to remove the dash pad but I like to just to get it out of the way believe they are 7mm screws all along the underside of the dash pad and a 3 phillips heads in the vent hole in the centre.

Remove the bezel that covers the dash (7mm hex head screws around the perimeter)
Remove the driver's side "hush panel" under the steering wheel (7mm hex head screws)
Locate the steering column bolts underneath the dash and loosen them, do not remove them (13mm if I remember right).

Drop the tilt column to it's lowest setting.

This should give you the right amount of clearance to pull the gauge cluster and access the bulbs in behind to check.

When pulling the gauge cluster it should wiggle itself free slowly. Be careful when pulling as the plastic behind the cluster usually is brittle due to age and you don't want to break the black plastic tabs in the dash that hold the wire harness that connects to the gauges.

With a little effort and a light touch you should be able to pull it without breaking anything.

Remember: If something isn't coming off easy enough, check for screws or tabs before putting more force or prying at it.
Old 10-14-2015   #5
Dano88GTA

Thanks for such great instructions.