Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA DOCUMENTATION/RESEARCH

GTA DOCUMENTATION/RESEARCH Want to ask about your GTA's documentation, build codes, or other historical data? Then post it HERE!

Old 11-06-2001   #1
Timbo89GTA
GTA Member

GTA Mags are they different front to back ?

I just bought new GTA mags of someone and He told me they where rear mags and the front where different. Is this correct and if so what is the difference between them thanks for any info. Timbo
Timbo89GTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001   #2
REMOVED USER

Oh yeah. Your somebody was right. The front wheels are about one inch deeper to clear the calipers. Yeah, I know, the back has calipers too, go figure.

Morpheus
Old 11-06-2001   #3
REMOVED USER

I'm Back. Not sure your new mags are offset, if they are not factory equipment.

Morpheus
Old 11-06-2001   #4
gtayumiko
GTA Member

rear and front rims

Rims are different from front and back. I didn't know this so once I try putting back rim on front and front rim on back. In my situation, my rear rims in front rubb on tie-rods. So in my situation, it wasn't brake calipers. Good luck finding front rims. I know some GTA owners get all front rims put on car so they can rotate tires without dismounting and mounting, especially for those of us who have directional tires, this can be a costly proceedure (rotating tires from front to back without rotating rims). Yumiko
gtayumiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001   #5
Timbo89GTA
GTA Member

Unhappy

That's a real bummer. Well the mags I just bought are brand new GTA factory rims never had a tire on them but I bought three and there all rear mags. Thanks for the info guys.
Timbo89GTA is offline   Reply With Quote