Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA CLASSIFIEDS > GTA CARS WANTED

GTA CARS WANTED Looking to buy a pristine GTA for your own collection.... or maybe you're looking for a "fixer-upper" car? Whatever you're looking for.... post your listing HERE!

Old 10-29-2001   #1
REMOVED USER

looking for a restorable GTA...

Hey everybody...

Havent been around here for a while since I sold my white 88 GTA, but i'm back for more.

I'm looking for any year GTA (preferably 87-90) that needs some work. I need a car in decent mechanical condition... IE... rebuilt motor/trans/rear. I dont care what the interior is like... it can be trashed. I dont care what the paint is like... hell... it can be primer. I just dont want to have to do any body work. I want ZERO bondo in my car.

Color... again... it doesnt matter... I would prefer maroon or white... but I'm willing to look at anything.

I'm NOT interested in the LB9/auto combo, but will take the L98/auto or the LB9/manual. T-TOPS are a MAJOR plus! I know that there are Ttop cars with the 350 because my old GTA had them from C&C concepts.

I dont want a chopped to hell electrical system (from radio installs or anything).

I'm basically just looking for a decent body and drivetrain that I can work with. I'm wanting to restore the car, but it WILL be my daily driver for a while, so I need it to run well. I'm not trying to gip anybody, but I'm looking for under or around $2000. Your car WILL be taken care of... and WILL be restored... probably by next summer.

Anyway... I wasnt sure how many people looked at the 'wanted' ad's, so I'm posting in here too.

I've got a good running, quick, trade if you are interested. Otherwise I'm going to have to sell my current car privatly. It's a 1990 Pontiac Turbo Grand Prix (McLaren Ed.) It's got a turbocharged and intercooled 3.1L V6. Leather, HUD, FACTORY cd player, newer front tires, and a new radiator ($1200!!!). I bought it with some light front end damage, but it's repairable. It'll need a new front bumper cover, headlight housing, and header panel. The hood is repairable, as is the pass side front fender. All the Turbo emblems are in place, and this thing MOVES. I just dont want to deal with the small amount of body damage.

The only other reason I'm getting rid of it is because I've got this itch for another GTA. GTA's fit me so well... I gotta have another one!

Email me at zachshaferz@hotmail.com or post here if you have anything I'd be interested in.

Thanks a ton.

ps... i'm located in central Illinois, but I'm willing to travel for the right car.