Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA CLASSIFIEDS > GTA PARTS WANTED

GTA PARTS WANTED Looking for just the right part(s) out there to restore your GTA to its former glory? Whatever you need to find.... post your listing HERE!

Old 06-15-2001   #1
FrankieRider2
Site Administrator

GTA Year: 1988
GTA Engine: 350 TPI Automatic
For those of you needing emblems.....

For those of you who are searching for some GTA emblems..... as I'm sure you know by now, they are no longer available from GM. The sets that I have seen recently for sale are going for exuberant prices; I recently had a party offer me a complete set of Bright Red emblems..... at $650!

C'mon, please.....

For those who might be interested, there is an alternative now available for "rebadging" your GTA.

AutoGraFics is offering direct replacment decal sets that are exact duplicates of the GTA emblems. The sets come complete with all five "emblems", and a windshield decal too, if i'm not mistaken, for less than $30. Take a look at the link above for more info.

I'm considering ordering a set just to see if the quality is as good as I've heard it is. It's not OEM original, but it's the next best thing..... not to mention a lot harder to steal off your car.

Worth a look.....

FrankieRider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2001   #2
REMOVED USER

Re: Emblems

My local dealer told me that I can still buy the sail panel badges. Maybe they have them in stock, but I can still get them for around $45 each. Classic Industries still has the nose and fender emblems for a good price. They don't have the sail panel badges though.

Frankie, could you email me the templates for the proper locations of the fender and sail panel badges?

mrm4tn@hotmail.com
Old 06-19-2001   #3
REMOVED USER

Most places still have sail birds....Fender badges are DONE....Classic only has like metallic green and like 1 yellow one...they have nose panels though......ALL that is was NOS items....When GM says you can get it they mean its showing up in the parts locator....Once those are gone thats IT...Thats how I got 1 fender badge...and nose emblem and 2 sail emblems. Frankie if you really have a template Id like one as well...Mine was repainted like 5 years ago and the guy centered them up....I can see in the paint where the sail birds go but the fender badges Im not so sure...
Old 06-20-2001   #4
FrankieRider2
Site Administrator

GTA Year: 1988
GTA Engine: 350 TPI Automatic
Guys, contact me via e-mail about the templates.....

About the decals: the manufacturers told me they are in the process of revising the GTA logos a bit to match exactly, and they are sending me some color samples to take a look at for proper color matches. I'll post more when I know more.....

FrankieRider2 is offline   Reply With Quote