Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA NON-TECH

GTA NON-TECH Got a question about non-mechanical items related to your GTA.... whatever they may be? Then post it HERE!

Old 01-23-2001   #1
REMOVED USER

Brake dust covers for GTA wheels

I saw a post on here a few months ago about brake dust covers for the wheels. Where can you get them and how much do they cost? I would like to get some for my GTA and my GP.
Old 01-24-2001   #2
FrankieRider2
Site Administrator

GTA Year: 1988
GTA Engine: 350 TPI Automatic
Re: Brake dust covers for GTA wheels

The dust covers are called KLEEN WHEELS, and are available from most any good aftermarket parts supplier. They are in Summit and JEGS catalogs, and I would imagine that a lot of the mass marketers (Pep Boys, etc.) can order them as well.

Also, JC Whitney has them too..... don't laugh, they really do. That's where I got my first set..... The price, if memory serves, is around $25-30 per pair ($50-60 per complete set)..... but they're definitely worth it. I have them on both my GTAs, and they are excellent investments.

Personally, I got lucky and stumbled onto a person who sold me four complete brand new sets (16 pieces) for $50.....

FrankieRider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001   #3
REMOVED USER

Re: Covers

Thanks for the information. I will check into it. I suppose they would help with water on the rotors on a rainy day?
Old 01-25-2001   #4
FrankieRider2
Site Administrator

GTA Year: 1988
GTA Engine: 350 TPI Automatic

Since I do not drive my GTAs in the rain, this is an added benefit I never thought about.....

But since the covers fit tightly up inside the wheels and the only openings are the angled air vents present for heat dissipation, virtually no water should be able to reach the rotor from the outside of the wheel.

A good point worth mentioning.....

FrankieRider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2001   #5
REMOVED USER

I don't drive my GTA in the rain anymore either. If those covers will fit my GP wheels (which they should), they will help it with water on the rotors. I have the cross-laced type wheels on my GP and water on the rotors is a bad problem when it comes to a quick stop. Thanks again for the information. I am glad to see your health problems are getting better.