Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA TECH

GTA TECH Want to discuss technical topics about your GTA.... engine tuning, mechanical upgrades, problem areas, etc.? Then post it HERE!

Old 05-31-2000   #1
REMOVED USER

Plenum porting question

It's me again. I have a questin concerning a mod to the mouth of the TPI plenum. At the mouth of the Plenum, where it mates to the throttle boy, there are two humps cast into the floor. I read where an individual ground these out. Does anyone know what these are supposedly for, and will this significantly improve airflow? Has anybody done this, and if so how did it turn out?

Thanks,
JD
Old 06-01-2000   #2
REMOVED USER

Re: Plenum porting question

JD,
I read about that in GMHTP and they did it to a camaro and picked up like 3 thenths.So I went and did it,was not that hard and you can see a difference in the opening(just be careful not to bust trough the sides).Car felt better but I have no way to prove it cause I went to the track with everything else done already.Hope this helps.
Steve
89 GTA
TTA#850
TTA#861
Old 06-01-2000   #3
REMOVED USER

Plenum portting

Steve,
Thanks a million. I wanted to make sure that I wasn't wasting my time. I'm heading out to the track tommrow night and I'll let ya' know how I did.

JD