Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA TECH

GTA TECH Want to discuss technical topics about your GTA.... engine tuning, mechanical upgrades, problem areas, etc.? Then post it HERE!

Old 06-06-2000   #1
REMOVED USER

GTA (1LE) Gas Tank

Hopefully this information is helpful to GTA owners, and all Trans Am owners. Further evidence that 1LE features were incorporated into the GTA.equipment, except for the front brakes.

(Please see me prior posting for more information).
By 1990 all GTA's (except 305 A/T) carried 1LE
Thank-you to Dwain at the 3rd Gen. Message board.
He wrote re 1LE gas tank and pickup:

I went to my local GM dealer and I found out that 1LE's were not the only cars to get these. All 90-92 F-body's except for those equipped with the 305 TBI engine (vin E)recieved the "swinging" sending unit p/n 25027221 & 15.5 gallon baffled fuel tank p/n 12509285. All 3.1/5.0/5.7 TPI cars both Firebird and Camaro had these part numbers. The tank has been discontinued and a new service p/n has replaced it. I don't know if the new tank is baffled. I didn't have time to check 88's and 89's to see if 1LE's got the rumored 18 gallon baffled tank. However I will find out when time permits. I also found out that the aluminum spare wheel (N64) p/n 9591883 was used on various f-body's besides the 1LE and also on 2wd 82-93 S-10/S-15's. I'll let ya know anything else I find out.
Old 06-06-2000   #2
REMOVED USER

Re: GTA (1LE) Gas Tank

Sorry I answered in the wrong post before,to make things simple and not to repeat myself,talk to a 90-92 owner who has dropped the tank and see what they say.I have spoken to several who state there is no swinging or special baffle in the tank.In fact there has been a debate to whether the TTA has that tank too,and I'm gonna find out if I gotta drop the tank myself.
Steve
89 GTA
TTA#850
TTA#861
Old 06-06-2000   #3
REMOVED USER

GTA Performance Equipment

What I meant to say was that by 1990 the 350 and 305/5sp. GTA's were built to 1LE specs., except for the front brakes.

Of course, the 1989 GTA TTA was fully 1LE equipped.