Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA TECH

GTA TECH Want to discuss technical topics about your GTA.... engine tuning, mechanical upgrades, problem areas, etc.? Then post it HERE!

Old 07-30-2001   #1
REMOVED USER

Popup headlight fix for 3rd gen Firebirds.

This is a common problem with the headlights on 3rd gen Firebirds, that they won't come up or if they do, they fall down after a while. I just rebuilt mine and it was extremely easy and they now work like brand new. The solution along with pics can be found on my site under tech section. (Site in my signature)
Old 11-20-2001   #2
dhallgta350
GTA Member

I JUST WANT TO THINK THE PERSON WHO POSTED THE CORVETTE CENTRAL WEBSITE TO BUY THE PARTS TO FIX THE HEADLIGHT PROBLEMS..I BOUGHT THEM AND INSTALLED THEM YESTERDAY SO FAR NO PROBLEM..THE GOOD THING IS THEY DONT COST MUCH ALMOST 20.00 THAT INCLUDES SHIPPING...WELL IF ANYONE ELSE HAS THIS PROBLEM U SHOULD CHECK IT OUT...THANKS AGAIN
dhallgta350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2001   #3
Red88GTA
GTA Member

I think you were talking about me when I posted several small fixes a while back. $5 a pop plus shipping make that one of the smallest rebuild projects on my GTA. I would give anything to have a catalog on the GTA like Corvette Central has on the corvette. A catalog full of RESTORATION parts not performance crap that we can get from a million other places like I see yearone doing. I found items for the TPI, headlights, and others like the spark plug wire holders at their site. And their catalog shows pictures of all the parts, and their prices are fairly cheap.
Red88GTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2001   #4
87 GTA 1
GTA Owner/Member

Classic Industries firebird book is great.It has gta equipment emblems,interior,wheels you name it .Just grab a hotrod book find the add it's a 1-800 # thats all i can recomend.
87 GTA 1 is offline   Reply With Quote