Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > NON-GTA SPECIFIC > GENERAL DISCUSSION (NON-GTA)

GENERAL DISCUSSION (NON-GTA) Use this forum to discuss topics of a more general nature.... it can be auto-related on not. Your choice. But above all, please be adult and responsible in your postings.

Old 01-16-2017   #1
strc09
Displaced Texan living in NC

GTA Year: 1988
GTA Engine: Custom
Talking Greetings

Hello to everyone! It's been a long while since I was last logged into the GTA Source Page forums. I'm still around. Much has happened since I was on-line last...

Personally, I ended my Air Force career after 20-years and six months back in April of 2015. It was a long road, but a road that I was very fortunate to have taken along with the adventure that came with it. Now, I am happily retired and working on a new career in civil service. The past couple of years were rough, but everything has begun to level off and get back to a sense of normalcy.

Updates with Vader, with everything going on in my personal life and the transition back into civilian life upgrades and work on Vader trailed off. Before I retired I did manage to complete the suspension upgrades and the car now rides on a full BMR tubular suspension. I also upgraded my wheels with some custom Boze mesh wheels (17x8 upfront and 17x9.5 out back) that I order through Hawks. The upgrade in larger wheels, fatter rear tires, and the suspension truly adds to the performance of the car further enhancing its abilities.

Now, I'm looking to finish Vader. After over a decade, it's time to stop fooling around and get it finished. I've contacted Hawks and had a lengthy conversation with Bruce about my car and what they can do in order to translate what's in my head into reality. I'm really hoping that within the next couple of years it'll be done with the exception of some very minor things. It's pretty exciting.

I'm not sure who all is still around that I would know here on the forums, but I will be stopping by from time-to-time now that I can finally get back into my account on my new laptop. I hope everyone is doing well and had a great Christmas and that 2017 brings you all great things as we continue to celebrate these great cars.

GTA: Grand Turismo Americano (Grand Touring America)
1 of 930 1988 Gunmetal Metallic GTAs produced (RPO 87U)
Built by Zeus Performance and tuned by Alvin from PCM4Less
Check out my website: Night Vision GraFX
strc09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017   #2
DynoDave

Re: Greetings

Welcome back!
POCI #72200
DynoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017   #3
coconutbob

Welcome back mate. Even though this is old, just thought I'd answer, since there was only one reply
coconutbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017   #4
markurtm

Welcome back! What tire size are you running? I just bought 17x8 wheels and I'm thinking of getting toyo tires in 255 size. I also heard that 245's will fit and look good.
markurtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017   #5
86TA355SR

Quote:
Originally Posted by markurtm View Post
Welcome back! What tire size are you running? I just bought 17x8 wheels and I'm thinking of getting toyo tires in 255 size. I also heard that 245's will fit and look good.
I love my Toyo tires. I have 27540R17 on my 88 GTA.
86TA355SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017   #6
markurtm

I just got my toyo tires. So far, I like their grip and handling.
markurtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017   #7
coconutbob

Welcome back to the forum, mate! Enjoy your stay here!
coconutbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017   #8
strc09
Displaced Texan living in NC

GTA Year: 1988
GTA Engine: Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by markurtm View Post
I have 17x8 wheels running BFG KDW2 245/45s up front and 17x9.5 wheels running 275/40s out back.

GTA: Grand Turismo Americano (Grand Touring America)
1 of 930 1988 Gunmetal Metallic GTAs produced (RPO 87U)
Built by Zeus Performance and tuned by Alvin from PCM4Less
Check out my website: Night Vision GraFX
strc09 is offline   Reply With Quote