Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA TECH

GTA TECH Want to discuss technical topics about your GTA.... engine tuning, mechanical upgrades, problem areas, etc.? Then post it HERE!

Old 06-30-2017   #1
Jbuchanan
Jbuchanan

GTA Year: 1987
GTA Engine: 305 TPI Automatic
New here wanted to say hi

New and wanted to say hi. I was 8 when the GTA came out and being raised by a gear head I knew what they were and wanted a black GTA ttop then. 30 years later I got my dream car. It is no where near a perfect car but it is a daily driver and I can't stop blarring Billy Squire and smiling when I'm in it. The car sit in a field for 10+ years before I got it. Right now it has 4th gen seats until I can save up to get originals redone, it also has 2nd gen decals as the GTA badges were badly deteriorated. It will soon get a full paint job, proper emblems,and new carpet and correct seats. I'm on a budget with a son not far from college so right now I do what I can and drive the wheels off of it.
Jbuchanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017   #2
1badGTA
BAD GTA 88 5.0 TPI/T5

Re: New here wanted to say hi

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like it will be a nice car when you are done good luck with the restore. Just remember, unless you want to restore, it is cheaper to get a car that is as good as condition that you can as it is much cheaper in the long run. Black GTAs are awesome!
Old 06-30-2017   #3
Jbuchanan
Jbuchanan

GTA Year: 1987
GTA Engine: 305 TPI Automatic

Thx I love your car, I've seen you around over at tgo as well. Black is my favorite GTA color hands down but I'd take any one of em if my wife and wallet would let me. I have been considering the milage on mine and thinking it may be best to just make it a good looking daily driver. Find a lower mileage car in better shape to keep prestine. I tried posting some pics on here but having trouble, soon as I get it figured out I will put some up.
Jbuchanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017   #4
1badGTA
BAD GTA 88 5.0 TPI/T5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbuchanan View Post
Thx I love your car, I've seen you around over at tgo as well. Black is my favorite GTA color hands down but I'd take any one of em if my wife and wallet would let me. I have been considering the milage on mine and thinking it may be best to just make it a good looking daily driver. Find a lower mileage car in better shape to keep prestine. I tried posting some pics on here but having trouble, soon as I get it figured out I will put some up.
Sounds good Mine sold last year but I stay on!