Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA TECH

GTA TECH Want to discuss technical topics about your GTA.... engine tuning, mechanical upgrades, problem areas, etc.? Then post it HERE!

Old 04-28-2017   #1
WhiskeyChick

Vehicle speed sensor question

Alright so I have gone through all of my wiring and checked, replaced my speed buffer (yellow box), checked my plastic gears on my speed sensor and tail shaft. Troubleshooted and traced all wires looking for open circuits etc.

I'm down to its the speed sensor itself, sigh.
These are discontinued and have been for years, so I want to know has anyone else run into this problem?
I've tried junk yards but finding a bird in one around here is hard enough let alone a manual one.

I know there are harnesses to swap from the older 2 pin to the new connector style but that won't help much if the vss won't fit.
Sc12 and sc6 won't fit they are physically too big for the t5 they only work on the autos.
WhiskeyChick is offline   Reply With Quote