Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA MISC

GTA MISC What you're looking to find out about your GTA doesn't fit in the above categories? Then post your topic HERE!

Old 05-04-2016   #21
JonBlake
Hopefully soon to be restored Third Gen owner.

Re: Leaving Ohio off to SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhomanski View Post
The area was building up quite a Hispanic population. All from Mexico. A lot of them illegal. The company I worked for fired all the cleaners that made almost as much as I did and they were all black. Hired a company that employed nothing but Mexicans paid minimum wage. All the guys told me when they showed up in my area to lock up and watch my tools. They had been working with them for a while and said your wrenches can disappear in 5 seconds and you'll never see anybody do it. We never had that problem with the black people. You could leave your tools laying around for days and come back and find them still sitting there. That changed though. If they paid them to clean the same as the black people it may have been different. A poor man will steal your lunch, a rich man will steal your future.
Well the hiring/firing situation plays out everywhere these days. Last time I called my health care provider, I got someone on the other end of the phone from India that I couldn't hardly understand. I worked for a large tech company at that time and we had a in-house department that we could call or personally visit if we had anything we needed to discuss in regards to our healthcare. The company outsourced that department and gave us all a number to call if we needed to contact the benefits department. That department turned out to be in India somewhere.

So this situation plays out everywhere now. With Bozocare who knows where those calls are coming from. Cuba I'm starting to wonder.
JonBlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016   #22
rhomanski
The Born Loser

GTA Year: 1988
GTA Engine: 350 TPI Automatic

I hear you. My zerox printer died last week after only six months. I called and got someone from out of the country. After struggling to talk with them finally they agreed to send a replacement. It's not here yet 6 days later. I don't think they are sending it. I'lll have to call back in the morning. They're hoping I'll give up and just buy another one even though it's still got 6 months on the warranty. Canon did me the same way a few years ago.
Old 05-06-2016   #23
JonBlake

Back to the subject of the OP, watch this vid and prepare yourself for moving to San Fran,. the sewer hole of the bay area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNiJO_ChziI

Not sure if they mention the circumstances around this incident, but what happened was some guys were caught driving around Frisco throwing eggs at people and property. Cops caught up with them and it turned into a pursuit. The driver crashed into a cable car turnaround and all four fled on foot. While the cops were chasing them individuals at the scene looted the car. The car had been stolen. Three of the four in the car were caught, one outstanding from what I read last. Good luck living in San Fran.
Old 05-06-2016   #24
1badGTA
BAD GTA 88 5.0 TPI/T5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBlake View Post
Back to the subject of the OP, watch this vid and prepare yourself for moving to San Fran,. the sewer hole of the bay area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNiJO_ChziI

Not sure if they mention the circumstances around this incident, but what happened was some guys were caught driving around Frisco throwing eggs at people and property. Cops caught up with them and it turned into a pursuit. The driver crashed into a cable car turnaround and all four fled on foot. While the cops were chasing them individuals at the scene looted the car. The car had been stolen. Three of the four in the car were caught, one outstanding from what I read last. Good luck living in San Fran.

I didn't check this for several days and ...wow that escalated quickly.... I wont comment on race as I dont care about race. My wife is asian and I am not a bigot

My car hit a deer on the drive in and is in the shop. I leave early today to get it back. good to know about the scanners. I rented a room and I have a roommate that has no plates at all on his car for months.. I was also told that you can go without front lic plate a lot as they dont enforce the laws much. People speed everywhere and I rarely see a cop. I am living in east bay (walnut creek) and take bart into the city so I dont drive much. I will however change plates soon to keep from getting in trouble. Thanks

I love SF so far.
Old 05-06-2016   #25
JonBlake

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badGTA View Post
I didn't check this for several days and ...wow that escalated quickly.... I wont comment on race as I dont care about race. My wife is asian and I am not a bigot

My car hit a deer on the drive in and is in the shop. I leave early today to get it back. good to know about the scanners. I rented a room and I have a roommate that has no plates at all on his car for months.. I was also told that you can go without front lic plate a lot as they dont enforce the laws much. People speed everywhere and I rarely see a cop. I am living in east bay (walnut creek) and take bart into the city so I dont drive much. I will however change plates soon to keep from getting in trouble. Thanks

I love SF so far.
BART, we locals refer to that as the piss-stain-train, and if you don't quite understand that now, you've not been riding it long enough yet but should find out soon enough. And I hope you brought some guns with ya for protection at home on your move here cause as soon as Trump becomes president, the locals are going to loot and burn San Fran down. BTW - the DOJ no longer refers to people as ciminals/convicts. So, when the looting starts, these people will be referred to as "undocumented shoppers" or breaking into someone's house - "Undocumented guest(s)", rapists - "Undocumented sex partner(s)". Carjacker/car thief - "Undocumented vehicle operator".

And for the question about the front plate. Well you can go that route if you wish and not have a front plate. But don't gripe when you get a ticket, cause that's one way the cities make revenue - tickets. And I'm sure I'm not tellin ya something you don't already know. If the cops see you driving with no front plate, they love that cause not only do they stop you for a fix-it ticket, but they can also pry into what you're doing to see if you're up to no good, but more so to see if they can get more money out of you in way of discovery after pulling you over for a missing front plate, in the form of a DUI, no insurance on you, suspended license, outstanding warrant etc. etc.

Good luck and I do hope to see your GTA if you decide to bring her out here to Cali. What's the word with that? Any new developments?

Jon

Last edited by JonBlake; 05-06-2016 at 01:33 PM.
Old 05-06-2016   #26
rhomanski
The Born Loser

Am I to think that your calling me a bigot? I'm just a realist. Should I tell you about the Philippines? Where the locals would wait for rain to hide their footsteps, then jump the fence and steal everything they could from the barracks? Should I tell you about Russian customs impounding our aircraft parts because corporate headquarters said bribing them was against the law. Where's your line?

See the world for what it is and stop the PC BS, I don't need it. I'm not going to go to the south side of Chicago because I don't see race. If you want to die then you go ahead.
Old 05-06-2016   #27
1badGTA
BAD GTA 88 5.0 TPI/T5

OK.. I started this thread and would like to stay on topic? I am a conservative christian and living in a liberal state. cut me some slack? wow... you have every right to an opinion but most of my friends are different races and if I cop would pull me over I got noting else they can get me for... i dont care how far they dig.
I dont think a car thread about moving to SF has to be about race? there are assholes in every single race, mine included.
Old 05-06-2016   #28
1badGTA
BAD GTA 88 5.0 TPI/T5

also I am hardly PC... LOL
i hate PC stuff but I do not lump races into categories. Not calling anyone racist but I dont think a GTA board is the place to complain about a race..
Old 05-06-2016   #29
rhomanski
The Born Loser

I wasn't calling a whole race anything, just members of a race as a warning to you from experience. Sorry I tried to help. Go do your own thing.
Old 05-13-2016   #30
JonBlake

Here's something in our local news this morning in regards to out of state registered vehicles operating in Cali.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tybqS2o3lkg
Old 05-13-2016   #31
1badGTA
BAD GTA 88 5.0 TPI/T5

Quote:
Here's something in our local news this morning in regards to out of state registered vehicles operating in Cali.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tybqS2o3lkg
yeah thanks spent a log time at the DMV yesterday... found I needed my passport/birth cert for my drivers lic and my wife since the car is in her name! sigh. bringing home forms to have her sign etc.
Old 05-13-2016   #32
JonBlake

Quote:
yeah thanks spent a log time at the DMV yesterday... found I needed my passport/birth cert for my drivers lic and my wife since the car is in her name! sigh. bringing home forms to have her sign etc.
Why do you have it in her name? And in regards to DMV...welcome to Cali. I do all I can not to ever have to go there. I'm just surprised there are no shootings at the DMV.
Old 05-13-2016   #33
1badGTA
BAD GTA 88 5.0 TPI/T5

Quote:
Why do you have it in her name? And in regards to DMV...welcome to Cali. I do all I can not to ever have to go there. I'm just surprised there are no shootings at the DMV.
the main car is in her name as I have my credit locked and we needed the loan to get some $$$ off the car else I would have paid cash and put it in my name. the GTA is in my name.
Old 06-28-2016   #34
JonBlake

Been pretty quite around here the last few weeks. Thought I'd visit for a bit today.

So how are things working out with your relocation? So you sold the GTA?

Found an interesting article in regards to criminal activities in San Fran that I thought you'd like to see, since much of our conversation on this thread was the issue with crime in San Fran.

http://kron4.com/2016/06/27/san-fran...-russian-hill/
Old 07-10-2016   #35
1badGTA
BAD GTA 88 5.0 TPI/T5

Quote:
Been pretty quite around here the last few weeks. Thought I'd visit for a bit today.

So how are things working out with your relocation? So you sold the GTA?

Found an interesting article in regards to criminal activities in San Fran that I thought you'd like to see, since much of our conversation on this thread was the issue with crime in San Fran.

http://kron4.com/2016/06/27/san-fran...-russian-hill/
Yeah it is sold and I will miss it but not a lot. I am rarely on the boards anymore. I am settled in walnut creek and happy with it. going to change cell service since mine (cricket) is strong in Ohio but not here. I may switch to T-mobile as I hear it is very solid here. Family is moving as was back home last week for the 4th and we were just packing so much. As far as crime I lived in DC before and I know it is not as bad as there.
Old 07-11-2016   #36
JonBlake

Quote:
Yeah it is sold and I will miss it but not a lot. I am rarely on the boards anymore. I am settled in walnut creek and happy with it. going to change cell service since mine (cricket) is strong in Ohio but not here. I may switch to T-mobile as I hear it is very solid here. Family is moving as was back home last week for the 4th and we were just packing so much. As far as crime I lived in DC before and I know it is not as bad as there.
I can't believe you sold her. Oh well, it's your car and decision. Wonder if the new owner will be on this site some time. You going to get another one some day? It seems harder and harder to get these cars. I've been looking for a few months and having a time finding anything decent. May have to change my strategy up and get something that will require more work then I was planning or optioned a way I wasn't looking for (t-top, vert, etc.) May also have to perhaps buy something a little more over my initial planned budget since most of these cars are going for more then I was planning to spend.
Old 07-11-2016   #37
1badGTA
BAD GTA 88 5.0 TPI/T5

Quote:
I can't believe you sold her. Oh well, it's your car and decision. Wonder if the new owner will be on this site some time. You going to get another one some day? It seems harder and harder to get these cars. I've been looking for a few months and having a time finding anything decent. May have to change my strategy up and get something that will require more work then I was planning or optioned a way I wasn't looking for (t-top, vert, etc.) May also have to perhaps buy something a little more over my initial planned budget since most of these cars are going for more then I was planning to spend.
Yeah I sold her. Really what I have wanted is a black TA with gray interior like my original one I had at 18. I have seen a few over time but was not ready to buy at that point or I had already bought. I really want just a cruiser with auto and something I could drive when I want. Keep in mind that the place I got in Walnut creek does not have a garage so the GTA would not have a home currently so it was the right decision. in 2 years I will move to Pleasanton and then I MAY have a garage but not a requirement. so I may never. But I will buy a fun car in the future but it may just be a Genesis coupe.
Old 07-11-2016   #38
90 L98 TransAm

"Keep in mind that the place I got in Walnut creek does not have a garage so the GTA would not have a home currently so it was the right decision."

Smart move. You saved yourself from a lot of potential heartache. Too many vandals and envious people in the world. It's not worth having a nice vehicle unless you have secure parking at home (and at work if you drive it there). Then there's the registration hassles.
90 L98 TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016   #39
JonBlake

Yeah I agree with you on that about not having a garage and all, especially for that sweet GTA that you had. I wouldn't have been able to sleep a wink knowing it's out on the street, especially around this area.

So what year was that black on grey T/A that you mentioned having? I see a few '67's Firebirds around here every so often and those are pretty nice too. But I got to wonder if they are clones since that year only came with the wing windows. Some will place doors with wing windows on a later 1st gen to make it the first year Firebird clone just as much as some will throw on GTA badging and some options onto there T/A or Firebird to make it a GTA clone.

Here's my dream car. I win the lottery and this car will be mine

Last edited by JonBlake; 07-11-2016 at 05:10 PM.
Old 07-17-2016   #40
1badGTA
BAD GTA 88 5.0 TPI/T5

Thanks guys just popping on to say hi. Broke my ankle. long story. have to have surgery this wed. the next day my son comes. I wanted to show him CA and will not sure how will fare with two pins being put in. sigh.

My old black and silver was an 86 TA. I would like to have 85-88 in great condition that just has a lot of miles on it and is worth less than my GTA was and use as a driver when I want (shows and stuff). being a TA and miles should make it more affordable and usable.

waiting today on my movers. they are supposed to get here today so I hope its not late.

I really love the breeze today. have 3 sliding glass doors at my apartment with tall fences and enjoying the breeze while I lie in bed with my ankle up high to reduce swelling.