Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA CLASSIFIEDS > GTA CARS FOR SALE

GTA CARS FOR SALE Got a GTA that, Heaven Forbid, you're looking to send to a good home for whatever reason? Then post your listing HERE.....!

Old 08-01-2013   #1
Kman71

GTA Year: 1989
GTA Engine: 3.8L V6 Turbo
Skull & Crossbones 1989 GTA SE/ TTA SW Chicago Suburbs $15000

1989 Pontiac 20th Anniversary Indy Pace Car Turbo Trans Am
#1040 of 1555 produced. T-top with Cloth Interior.
59,650 Miles
Fully restored inside and out. Paint is 9 out of 10. No visible dents or scratches. Fresh Engine Rebuild with 208 Roller Cam and TE-42 Turbo at 58,000 miles.SG1 block with Turbo crank, stock 2 dot rods w/ARP rod bolts and stock pistons. Block has 2 Billet Main caps with ARP main studs. High Volume oil pump with front cover. Double Roller Timing chain with out tensioner. Refreshed Stock ported heads. Front Mount Intercooler with 2 stage Aluminum Radiator, 3" downpipe with cat delete Borla Exhaust.
Rebuilt Headlights, New Power Antenna, New Rear hatch Motor and rear Struts, New Fiberglass Rear Spoiler. Converted AC that is ICE COLD.
Upgraded to today's standards with custom TURBO LED stereo, HID headlights and fog lights, Walbro Fuel pump with 60 injectors, hot wired fuel kit, High Output 200 Amp Alternator, New High Performance Mini Starter, Extender G adjustable computer chip, Power Logger V3.0 with upgraded fast reading Scanmaster 2.2, Wideband/Maft Translator Gen 2 Setup with Air Flow pillar gauge, Boost Gauge on pillar, and Electronic Fuel Pressure Gauge, Razor's Alki Kit, Custom Black Powder Coated GNX Turbo Shield, headers and head covers, Adjustable in cabin Boost Control 10 to 24 PSI with Precision Wastegate, Art Carr 2800 non lock up stall Converter, Heavy Duty built 200-4R Auto Transmission.
Ford 9" rear end, with new 3.25 gearing. Adjustable Air bags on rear end. Upgraded Wilwood Rear brakes.
New Firestone Indy wide oval 245/50R16s on the front and New Mickey Thompson Street ET 295/50R16's on the rear.
New headliner and Emblems. Custom Hood Liner and Floor Mats.
Detailed Restoration Logs, Over $22,000 spent on restoration.
NO COLLECTOR BOX or Decals Included.
Collector Car Appraisal completed upon purchase on 4/15/11 for $18,500, with third gen prices on the rise, this value has gone up over the past 2 years. This car needs nothing done to it...ready for cruise nights, car shows, and the drag strip. HAS NOT been to drag strip since rebuild/restoration.

Click the link below for more pictures.
http://s1115.photobucket.com/user/kr...0%20FOR%20SALE

PRICE FIRM
NO TRADES OR FINANCING
CASH OR CASHIERS CHECK ONLY*.
*Title will be released after Cashiers Check clears bank.

TTA's # 1040 & 613

Kman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013   #2
YumikoGTA
Original and Current GTA owner

Re: 1989 GTA SE/ TTA SW Chicago Suburbs $15000

On one day, the bidding was $200 and the very next day it was $12,000 without a reserve and many days before the ending of the auction.

Someone must really want this bad enough.

Yumiko
Old 08-05-2013   #3
Kman71

Skull & Crossbones Re: 1989 GTA SE/ TTA SW Chicago Suburbs $15000

What's not to want.... $15k and climbing..but worth more for sure..... still a few hours left to bid....I am missing it already...but I am sure I will have another one again soon...

TTA's # 1040 & 613

Old 08-07-2013   #4
Kman71

Sold!!!!!!

TTA's # 1040 & 613

Old 08-09-2013   #5
87350gtanj

Someone got a sweet car!!!!!
87350gtanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013   #6
90 L98 TransAm

Sale failed?
90 L98 TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013   #7
Kman71

Yupp...I guess...the winning bidder said on Tuesday he was going to pick up the car yesterday with a cashiers check.... Since then he did not make his deposit or respond to my last two emails or phone calls.... I don't know what happened to him but I know I gave him till yesterday and also turned away 5 inquiries about the car as it was for sale locally too...not anymore.....I couldn't' even offer as a second chance bid because that guy messaged me within less than 24 hours till auction close to cancel his bid because he bought another car....I thought he sabotaged the auction and that I got lucky with a last second bid to outbid him..... both guys had great Ebay ratings too....That is the worst thing about Ebay..they take huge fees but no way to hold anyone really accountable for their bids.... that would never happen at a Mecum or Barrett Jackson auction....the only think you can do is give them a bad Ebay Rating....

So it is back on the market, I may take some time but worth every penny and I won't take less than $15K for it... I think it will most likely sell locally via the Turbo Buick forum to someone who actually knows these cars and their value....

TTA's # 1040 & 613

Old 08-12-2013   #8
86TA355SR

Sorry to hear about the drama. Never understood people that don't make the deposit after winning the bid. Or 'disappear:' just tell me you wasted my time, don't have the money, and I'll find another buyer....

This is a damn nice TTA! Someone is getting a steal on this one. I looked at some of your old posts and this car is nicely done.

Hope you sell it this time, good luck!
86TA355SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013   #9
YumikoGTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TA355SR View Post
Sorry to hear about the drama. Never understood people that don't make the deposit after winning the bid. Or 'disappear:' just tell me you wasted my time, don't have the money, and I'll find another buyer....

This is a damn nice TTA! Someone is getting a steal on this one. I looked at some of your old posts and this car is nicely done.

Hope you sell it this time, good luck!
Ebay is full of many other bad things, bad bidders are just one portion of it. I did mention about the shill bidding on there in another thread on this forum only a few weeks ago, maybe a few months ago, I do not know exaclty.

So even if this seller is honest, people on the ebay do not know him personally. So his auction raises many warnings of the typical shill bid scheme. This is: car is listed with no reserve and in first day bid moves from $200 to $12,000 before it is even half way finished. And then the auction ends with a highest bid. And then in a few days, the auction is started again while the seller claims that the winner did not pay for the item. So now it is relisted at the same or even higher price that the previous auction ended at.

This is the 100% typical way that the shill bidding scheme is played and everyone that goes to ebay to look at stuff or buy things, knows this. I am not saying or hinting that you are shill bidding your car auction. But all of this is the warnings to everyone else on ebay. They do not know anything about you so, they suspect the worst I would say. So do not be surprised if you can not sell your car. I watched the second auction of it and there was not one bid placed. I think it was going to end tomorrow but the auction may have been ended sooner on purpose.

For me, I love to look at stuff on ebay for sale, even though I am not buying anything. I do not even have an ebay account. But I love to look at stuff on there, its like window shopping for things from the past in my situation but on the computer internet. And I love to look at GTA stuff for sale. I started to find this very interesting since about 2001. I think it is so fun to look for the things that I remember that I had owned before and see photographs of them again and remember about them. I love to look at the things I once had when I was little. I can then determine if they are asking too much or if it is worth it for me to buy it. I also use ebay to see what value things are if I am buying something that is used from someone, or if I am sellng something of mine to someone. I have sold a few things from my own GTA before but to people in my area. First I go to ebay and look up the item to see what would seem like a honest good price and then I sell it for that amount. Lastly with ebay, if I am thinking to throw something away, I will go to ebay and look it up to see if there is any interests or values to it. If there is, I usually will keep it, if not too much values or none, I will donate to good will or give it away for free. So that is what I use ebay for.

But for ebay, I will not get involved in that by getting an account because of so many stupid people on there that play a lot of games.

Good luck to sell your car.

Yumiko

Last edited by YumikoGTA; 08-17-2013 at 09:40 AM.
YumikoGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013   #10
Kman71

Talking Re: 1989 GTA SE/ TTA SW Chicago Suburbs $15000

Sale Pending!!!!!!!!! $15K........

I have to admit, I like Ebay...great for the savvy consumer to help control prices, no middle man. Whenever I shop, I check Ebay first. Gives me a good gauge of prices, and if I can get it shipped to my house for free and no tax...even better.

The car auctions are a whole different animal. You have to remember EBay is a business and they don't care about the buyer or seller....only the transaction and getting their fees. That is why the Buyer does not have to buy or the seller does not have to sell....there is no rules governing it but there are plenty of crazy people ruining the transactions from happening and has it shut down EBay???? No....... I think they are doing OK.

I have bought a car off Ebay, My 2nd TTA actually...took a chance car unseen, but I knew for the price I might it get it at, it was worth the gamble to me and it paid off. I don't get in the bidding wars, just one max bid with 20 seconds left. You know people put shill bids in, would't you if you had a car that is worth $10K and it was only up to $1500? You just have to know what you are willing to max pay and if you end up getting a good deal then it was worth it.

I don't understand these idiots that bid on something and never pay.... probably the same people who hang out in car forums and like to stir up the pot or bully people on the internet with no face to face contact. Just the price to pay for the use of the internet.... hasn't stopped me from logging on...

Peace and love to the GTA community.... Hopefully I won't be away too long, good thing for me there are always about 10 TTA's of the 1555 for sale...and usually good deals if you know how to work on Turbo Buick Motors and Third Gen's.

TTA's # 1040 & 613

Old 09-14-2013   #11
YumikoGTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman71 View Post
Sale Pending!!!!!!!!! $15K........
The Buyer does not have to buy or the seller does not have to sell....
If everyone thought that way and conducted their business with this frame of mind, this is why ebay is full of trouble.

Quote:
You know people put shill bids in, would't you if you had a car that is worth $10K and it was only up to $1500?
That is the mistake, the car is only worth the amount that someone is willing to pay for it. So if someone is only willing to pay you $1,500 for your car, that is all that it is worth. The personal value that you hold for something does not count to the people who are looking for something to buy. So if you shill bidded your car on ebay, are you now offering it on this forum for someone to match your shill bid?

Quote:
I don't understand these idiots that bid on something and never pay....
It's the same people that you mentioned before when you said.....The Buyer does not have to buy or the seller does not have to sell.

Good luck and I hope that you get what you are asking for it.

Yumiko
Old 09-15-2013   #12
Kman71

Talking Re: 1989 GTA SE/ TTA SW Chicago Suburbs $15000

Lesson Learned... I personally love to shop on Ebay...but I will never try to sell a car on there again, in my situation it was not worth the hassles.

The car has been off the market for about a month now and I have a sale pending at my asking price now from my old ad on Turbo Buick.

When you sell a classic, you have to have patience and price it to the market and just wait for the right buyer who knows the cars and their true value.

Thanks for the advice and feedback.

TTA's # 1040 & 613

Old 09-15-2013   #13
86TA355SR

Hope it works out this time.

Hell of a nice TTA for the money!
86TA355SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013   #14
87350gtanj

Good luck with the sale hopefully this time it works out well for you. Also as others have mentioned one hell of a nice TTA for the money!
87350gtanj is offline   Reply With Quote