Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA DOCUMENTATION/RESEARCH

GTA DOCUMENTATION/RESEARCH Want to ask about your GTA's documentation, build codes, or other historical data? Then post it HERE!

Old 05-20-2012   #1
YumikoGTA
Original and Current GTA owner

Options sticker

The options sticker that I am asking about is the one that has all of the options listed on it that the car was assembled at the factory with. My question about this sticker is, what was the year of GTA did the manufacturer start to attach that sticker in the back space of the car instead of in the center console? From what I have seen throughout the years, the 1987 through 1990 GTA had this sticker in the center console area, while the 1991 and 1992 had it attached in the inside of the rear compartment door. Does anyone know for sure when that sticker was moved to the back of the GTAs?

Yumiko
Old 05-20-2012   #2
GTAhot92
And a bag of chips!

Re: Options sticker

I think you are correct...
1981 Turbo Formula - Sold
1992 GTA 5th Anniversary #7
1989 Silverado
1994 Plymouth Laser R/T
1984 Maserati Biturbo
GTAhot92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012   #3
YumikoGTA
Original and Current GTA owner

This is what I thought it was. I was asking because I saw a 1991 for sale on ebay and there is a photograph that shows a options sticker in the center console. And then when I notice how badly out of place the fender emblems are on this car, I started to wonder if some people are going to start to make counterfeit option stickers that have the option for the GTA on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ponti...item231d8eef96

This car above may very well be a real one, but there is always that possibility that it is not. I am so glad that I am not looking for one of these cars or any other hard to find car nowadays the way so many scammers are out there trying to make money and having technology at home with the computer, scanner and printer equipment to make such counterfeit documents.

Yumiko
Old 05-20-2012   #4
Steveh4263
1987 Pontiac Trans AM GTA

GTA Year: 1987
GTA Engine: 350 TPI Automatic

It has the Y84 on the options sticker which makes it a GTA. That options sticker is really dirty too. Maybe the car was repainted and they didn't know the proper placement of the emblems.