Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA CLASSIFIEDS > GTA CARS WANTED

GTA CARS WANTED Looking to buy a pristine GTA for your own collection.... or maybe you're looking for a "fixer-upper" car? Whatever you're looking for.... post your listing HERE!

Old 05-16-2012   #1
lackofusername

87-89 GTA wanted

I'm looking for a 350 hardtop GTA in good condition. Prefer less than 100k miles but open to right car. Preference in order of color is black-flame red-gunmetal-bright red (but I like all four of them enough to buy). Would love to have a black ext/camel int combo with analog gauges preferred. I have driven 2 in the past 2 weeks, both mis-represented by the sellers. Oh well. Shot an offer on a different one than those 2, but he decided to keep it instead of sell it. It was exactly what I am looking for and not too far. Anyway, I am an hour north of Louisville and an hour south of Indianapolis. Prefer something within a few hours drive time of me. I have cash ready to buy one (although I do have the cash ready, I also have a ceiling on price (yes, I am married)). I wanted one in high school, but no Pontiac dealers near, only Chevy. Had a Camaro instead and have wanted a GTA for the past 25 years. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
lackofusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012   #2
Tonygxp

Re: 87-89 GTA wanted

good luck with the search. you will be hard pressed to find what you are loking for close to you without paying through the nose. I looked for months for mine and was lucky to have found it. I recently purchased a Pontiac G8 (#219 of the first 888 made) and am building a 402 stroker for it. I wasn't going to sell my GTA as i just bought it a few months ago but i am now putting it up. unfortunately, mine is a T-Top '89 5.7 Brilliant red beechwood leather (recovered a month ago) with 68k original miles. i am the third owner. Car is not perfect but extremely clean and well maintained. was repainted in '03 by previous owner.

There is NO RUST/ROT on this car. It has the original hood (vin sticker is there). No accidents of any kind. Has $2000 worth of chrome moly tubular Spohn suspension (control arms, wonderbar, panhard rod, Delrin bushings, etc), new Moog springs, Moog front end, radiator, injectors, fuel lines, water pump, headlight motors, power antenna, window motors, harmonic balancer, welded Spohn subframe connectors, headliner, T-Top inserts, falken tires with 95% tread, polished original wheels, original radio, original overhead console flashlight in working order, spare/jack, T-top bag, cargo cover, original RPO code sticker is in center console where it is supposed to be, ALL EMISSIONS CONTROLS PRESENT AND WORKING, plugs, wires, cap/rotor, fuel filter, air filter, PCV, vacuum lines, build sheet, Pontiac historical services paperwork, ORIGINAL OLD WINDOW STICKER (ugly back then, line printed black and white and is a square as opposed to the rectangle shape of today), battery tender, car cover and a ton of spare parts including 4 fenders, door panel grommets, shifter handles, etc etc. Car is a great driver. solid 8 out of 10 imho.

I will be asking $7200/bo into the car for about $9000 so someone is going to make out like a bandit but i did on my G8 so it'll be a wash . I would've killed for this GTA when i was looking. i couldn't find it.

Last edited by Tonygxp; 05-17-2012 at 09:57 PM.
Tonygxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012   #3
Tonygxp

in front of my friend's shop

at a show

car gets looks non stop when i'm out and about. compliments, questions, alot of attention. finding them in this condition inside, outside and underneath is rare and cost big $$$. AC blows ice cold, cruise works, car can absolutely be driven form here to florida without an issue. i have taken it on a 90 mile ride and outside of it being an '89 F body (i have all new vehicles so i'm a little spoiled lol), it road and drove terrific. Car has been garage kept since '03 by previous owner and now myself (climate controlled under a cover on a battery tender)

PS, i have the lower black plastic side skirts that conceal the low exhaust pipe just haven't put them back up yet since the suspension work was completed. they're sitting in the shop along with the new backing plates for the rear brakes

Last edited by Tonygxp; 05-17-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Old 05-17-2012   #4
Tonygxp

here's my new car/toy
Old 05-18-2012   #5
lackofusername

The GTA is a beauty. T-tops isn't a deal breaker, just prefer hard top. I like it very much. I wish you were closer. It is about a 13 hr drive from me to you. I am interested in the car, but the distance may be too large of a hurdle. May have to price a fly-and-drive to see what that would cost me to get it home. I will keep you posted. Nice G8 by the way.
lackofusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012   #6
poncho@home

Would you consider a white with grey interior, TTop, 350? I am in Montreal, Canada
Stock L98 cam
Edelbrock T.E.S. Headers
3" Dynomax Catback, SS Muffler
K&N Filter, !cat, !egr, !smog
Boxed LCAs, Panhard & TQ Arm with Poly bushings, LCA Relocation brackets
700r4 with custom shift kit
Fuddle 9.5 2400 torque convertor
DIY Prom MAF ECU
poncho@home is offline   Reply With Quote