Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA NON-TECH

GTA NON-TECH Got a question about non-mechanical items related to your GTA.... whatever they may be? Then post it HERE!

Old 03-18-2012   #1
Tonygxp

Why is my new Nose emblem NOT the right shape for my nose??

I did a search online for the correct part number for the bright red nose emblem. problem is the new one (GM OEM Part) btw, the last one i could find on earth lol, is flat?? why why why?

here's the new one installed.. i had to heat it up with a heat gun after i stuck it on and them pressed on the emblem to form to the nose.

problem is, it is already starting to slightly "crack" similar to the original one..
do the reproduction emblems have the correct "bevel" to them or do you have to do the same thing?

one on the left is the new oem and the one on the right the original old one

Tonygxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012   #2
andre#4

Re: Why is my new Nose emblem NOT the right shape for my nose??

that's a shame...I don't know what to say. I'll have to check into that one.

It could also be that some of the emblems just didn't come out right. Even the real gm ones. (I think they were made by some small company somewhere in the usa originally. That was the case with the tta emblems anyway, and they came out mishapen sometimes, even the original ones)

could be that someone put a repro emblem in a gm box. that box looks like a current gm box, and I don't think these emblems came in those boxes originally. I could be wrong though, and I don't know when gm discontinued these emblems. It could be that they didn't discontinue them until after the time when they introduced these new boxes. If that is the case, they may have made them in china, or had them made by the repro companies, because that is what gm does these days. They put chinese repros in "genuine gm" boxes (or bags), and charge premium prices. Sometimes, you can clearly see on the parts, "made in china". I don't think that is what happened here, because I thought these emblems got discontinued before the age of "made in china".
andre#4 is offline   Reply With Quote