Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA DOCUMENTATION/RESEARCH

GTA DOCUMENTATION/RESEARCH Want to ask about your GTA's documentation, build codes, or other historical data? Then post it HERE!

Old 12-24-2011   #1
wengertime89
1989 firebird gta -5.7v8 .30 over stroked to 383tpi org motor-tranny 77kmiles

GTA Year: 1989
GTA Engine: 350 TPI Automatic
uhhh error in rpo codes?

hello so useing http://www.gtasourcepage.com/89RPOFigures.html

i found 5 rpo codes on my rpo code list that were not on this website. so i used another site rpo code decoder and it came up what these 5 codes i have that were not on the gta web site

my rpo code list in my center glove box have these 5 codes that are not on this source page code list heres what this other site has to say what these codes mean can anyone tell me whats goin on why i have these codes on my gtas rpo code list but on gtasource page.com's rpo 1989 code list dose not mention these codes?

D9B

DIRECT SALES DELPHI INTERIOR & LIGHTNING, CONFIDENTIAL (B)

U62

SPEAKER SYSTEM 4, DUAL COAX FRT, DUAL COAX PKG SHELF

V73

VEHICLE STATEMENT USA/CANADA

WW4

APPEARANCE PACKAGE ACCENT #4

W62

EQUIPMENT GTO PERFORMANCE PACKAGE

gto package?? waa? im so mixed up lol anyways if anyone can understand what i just said any idea are these codes on my rpo code list extras ? rare options not normal on gta or no all gta's have these extra codes but there just not listed on the 1989 gta rpo code list on the gtasource page's list, heres the site i used to decode my rpo codes http://www.lonestarthunder.com/m_rpo.php

but i first used this sites rpo code list http://www.gtasourcepage.com/89RPOFigures.html
then the 5 missing codes i have that , that website dont have i enterd in this site http://www.lonestarthunder.com/m_rpo.php

sorry if no one understands what i just said lol...
wengertime89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011   #2
JeremyT
Notchback Collector

GTA Year: 1988
Re: uhhh error in rpo codes?

W62, for our application, is an Aero package. The problem you found is that GM recycled and reused RPO codes throughout the years. An RPO code could be reused but have a very different definition. Thus why you can get different results when you use an RPO Code database to look up an RPO code. An example of this is RPO Code Y84. We know RPO Code Y84 as the GTA option code between 1987-1992. However, prior, RPO Code Y84 was also used for the Recaro Edition Trans Am.
Old 12-26-2011   #3
wengertime89

ok thank you, so these 5 codes i have on my rpo code list, dose that mean my car has those options in my gta, and the gtasourcepage code list, just dont show them cause the code changed? or dose it mean that say w62 comes up that gto thing, aka was reused from the gto, or w.e so my w62 is actually the aero package but on a coder it comes up the gto package but actually on the gtasourcepage rpo code list the areo package is a diff rpo code, but i do have that package its just under another code a reused code? sorry if u cant understand what i just said ..... sorry for all the Q im just trying to find out every detail on my car so i have it cause im never going to sell it,
Old 12-26-2011   #4
wengertime89

and does every gta have those 5 codes like i do ? that mean something els or just a few ? or something
Old 12-26-2011   #5
JeremyT
Notchback Collector

GTA Year: 1988

GTASourcepage does not have every single RPO code listed.

W62, for our GTAs, is the aero package. There is more than one RPO code for the aero package. W62, for our GTAs, has nothing to do with "GTO".

Like I said, the reason why the database you used stated GTO is because the database you used was not accounting for the fact that GM reused and recycled RPO codes throughout the years. This is an issue common with those RPO decoders that aren't specific to any platform or period - unlike the codes listed here on the GTASourcepage that are specifically for the GTAs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wengertime89 View Post
ok thank you, so these 5 codes i have on my rpo code list, dose that mean my car has those options in my gta, and the gtasourcepage code list, just dont show them cause the code changed? or dose it mean that say w62 comes up that gto thing, aka was reused from the gto, or w.e so my w62 is actually the aero package but on a coder it comes up the gto package but actually on the gtasourcepage rpo code list the areo package is a diff rpo code, but i do have that package its just under another code a reused code? sorry if u cant understand what i just said ..... sorry for all the Q im just trying to find out every detail on my car so i have it cause im never going to sell it,
Old 12-27-2011   #6
wengertime89

ohh ok thank you