Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > NON-GTA SPECIFIC > GENERAL DISCUSSION (NON-GTA)

GENERAL DISCUSSION (NON-GTA) Use this forum to discuss topics of a more general nature.... it can be auto-related on not. Your choice. But above all, please be adult and responsible in your postings.

Old 10-16-2011   #1
YumikoGTA
Original and Current GTA owner

GTA out yesterday

Yesterday we got out my GTA and took it for some driving, about 65 or 70 miles. I wanted to use up the fuel before getting a complete new tank of fuel before it is put in the garage for the winter time. So my husband takes it for some driving while I am getting ready. He came back and then I was ready and we left for the driving. During the driving, he told me that some guy came to him while he was stopped at some store and was talking about the GTA to him. My husband then said to me that he has to confess something to me now. I ask what it was and he said that he had told the guy that the car was his. That was funny and also I was happy because it made me feel that my car is special, not only to me but to my husband also.

Yumiko

Last edited by YumikoGTA; 10-16-2011 at 05:54 PM.
YumikoGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011   #2
CanuckDreamz

Re: GTA out yesterday

From what I've seen, you DO have one special ride, there.

I know I'd walk over coals to get it!
CanuckDreamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011   #3
YumikoGTA

Thanks. Well the weather is really nice here this weekend so we may take out my GTA during this time before the weather changes. We drove my GTA last night. It was fun. When I look at the photograph that I took of my GTA at the ocean, it makes me want to take it out today and drive to the beach. Maybe....maybe not.....we will see how our day goes.

Yumiko
Old 10-22-2011   #4
Wes

I have yet to see a bad photo of your car! Stunning!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011   #5
FearThisGTA
"The only thing to fear is.............fear itself"

GTA Year: 1991
GTA Engine: 350 TPI Automatic

I agree 100%!!!!

Cliff Jones
1991 GTA Trans Am
w/305,231 miles
on the original motor!!!!
Time of Death on motor, 4:07pm on 05/29/2010.
Hp:211.2@4200rpms/Tq.328.5@2700rpms
Best et: 13.959@97.05mph
Best mph: 98.3
Best 60' : 1.875 on BFG Comp TA's w/ 32 lbs of air in them
FearThisGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011   #6
Steveh4263
1987 Pontiac Trans AM GTA

GTA Year: 1987

Where can I get great car like that. LOL! Looks like sales brochure photo. I wish my GTA looked that good.
Old 10-23-2011   #7
FearThisGTA
"The only thing to fear is.............fear itself"

GTA Year: 1991

^Ditto!! Me too!!

Cliff Jones
1991 GTA Trans Am
w/305,231 miles
on the original motor!!!!
Time of Death on motor, 4:07pm on 05/29/2010.
Hp:211.2@4200rpms/Tq.328.5@2700rpms
Best et: 13.959@97.05mph
Best mph: 98.3
Best 60' : 1.875 on BFG Comp TA's w/ 32 lbs of air in them
FearThisGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011   #8
YumikoGTA

Thanks guys for your wonderful comments. I greatly appreciate all of them very much.

Well you mention something very interesting about how you have never seen a bad photograph of my GTA, or perhaps a bad condition that my GTA has ever been in. So I wanted to let you know that my GTA has not always been in the best condition. Actually in October 1997, we began the restoration project on my GTA. So in October of that year, we had driven to Los Angeles and San Diego for a trip. It had rained during that trip and actually this was the very last time that my GTA was driven in the rain. When we got back, I took photographs of my GTA. In the first photograph below, you can see the dirt from the rain during our trip. I did not bother to clean my GTA when we got back because that week we would begin the restoration project on my GTA. The second photograph is when we had completely removed most of the components on the exterior of my GTA. We left on the doors, hood, hatchback and fenders at this time because it would be easy to sand the parts while they are on my GTA. After we completed this process, we removed all of those parts from the body of my GTA and brought them to the paint shop to be painted. The last photograph is of the right front fender corner of my GTA. You can see three different colors of finish on my GTA in that photograph. You can see the dull red color that is the flame red paint with the clear coat sanded off, you can see the gray color primer that is the factory primer, and then you can see a brown primer that we sprayed on the areas where we had removed the factory gray primer and exposed the metal. We put on that spray primer as temporary so no moisture and exposure to the elements would occure. When these parts were brought to the painter, they resanded them and then put on their primer and then the final painting and clear coatings. Hope that you enjoy.....the not so "good" photographs of my GTA.....

As you see, a very well prepared GTA for painting will look very nice once it is completed.

Yumiko

Last edited by YumikoGTA; 10-23-2011 at 05:16 PM.
YumikoGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011   #9
Steveh4263
1987 Pontiac Trans AM GTA

GTA Year: 1987

Ahh the horror of it all and Halloween isn't until next Monday.