Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA DOCUMENTATION/RESEARCH

GTA DOCUMENTATION/RESEARCH Want to ask about your GTA's documentation, build codes, or other historical data? Then post it HERE!

Old 03-06-2011   #1
andre#4

OE Floormats available

If anyone wants the original equipment floormats with the correct shape, size, and color, there is a company that makes them.

They even have the correct molded shape for the passenger side front. You know, where no normal mats will work. Because there is a big bump for the catalytic converters. And a hole for the feet of the passengers. There are companies that cut the floormats to fit here, but the factory molded them and that is what this company does. They have the correct binding too. Just use your original "GM" squares from your old mats and they will be identical.

The underside is different though, and bettter too. Instead of the smooth foam backing that comes apart and leaves black stuff on the rugs, they have rubber with spikes like 99% of other cars do.

The company is ACC AutoCustomCarpets

The part # is 9409-89
they have colors for all oe carpet colors

They can be bought at the acc site for $150.00 or elsewhere for less.
Rock auto is cheapest I can see. $75.00

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/rafr...CUTPILE-772533

You must choose color. Don't go by the color samples on the screen. They are totally different from what you get.

There are 2 tan colors.
Cognac is correct for 1988-1991 (matches oe "Beechwood" color almost perfectly...the cognac is slightly more caramel in color but still closest match I have seen. Actually, the cognac matches the seat leather color. That is how little the difference is. Plus, you can buy carpet from this firm that would match it)
might be right for 87 too, but I don't know.

For 1992 choose medium doeskin (the 1992 color is very different from previous...not a camel color, more of a beige)

There are 2 reds. carmine and flame red. My guess is carmine is correct for firebirds and flame red for camaros.

I have cognac color for my Turbo Trans Am (89 gta beechwood) and it matches closer than anything else I have ever seen.

They can also be bought with logos embroidered but only from some places.
these are the pontiac logos the acc site has.
http://www.accmats.com/Products/Floormats/Logos.aspx

I have turbo ta logo on mine. "logo #156 Turbo Trans Am"
andre#4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011   #2
WickedTTa

GTA Year: 1987
GTA Engine: 350 TPI Automatic
Re: OE Floormats available

Cool !!!
WickedTTa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011   #3
89-5.7GTA
Tony

GTA Year: 1989

Thanks for the info - I've been looking for a set with the molded passenger side. I just ordered a set from RockAuto.
89-5.7GTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011   #4
Roadrunner
87 GTA 305 Auto

Looks like a good deal.
Anyone else have experience with these?
Roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011   #5
andre#4

Let us know how long Rock auto takes to send them to you..., and how you like them. I was very excited to find these because I have been looking for proper floormats for 15 years. Last time I got some was from GM and they haven't had them for so long. And all these other types don't fit right or look right. I would like to get samples of every carpet from acc carpets, just to see if there is a closer match to beechwood than the cognac. (Like I said, the cognac color is the closest thing to beechwood that I have seen so far, but acc has so many colors of tan that they might have a closer match. If I needed carpet for my car, I would actually prefer the cognac color because it matches the seats slightly better than the oem carpet) One other note, acc sells another type of carpet, Essex, that is a higher quality and density than the original. It would be preferable for mats if originality was not a concern, but the color selection is limited and since the color samples on the screen don't match the carpet, I would need to see samples to tell if any of the Essex carpet colors match GTA interiors. Probably black would match though! They cost much more, but I like better carpet. They also have a corvette carpet, which is the same material as corvettes use.

Last edited by andre#4; 03-23-2011 at 03:41 PM.
andre#4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011   #6
Josh

dude this is awesome...I had another post about floor mats...so will that color be similar to beechwood because that's what i'm looking for...thanks! Also where did you order your floormats from and how long did they take? Why is rockauto so much cheaper?

Last edited by Josh; 03-23-2011 at 04:16 PM.
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011   #7
Josh

Also is that 75.00 for 1 floor mat or a set...the ACC comes with a 4 piece set where rock auto doesn't say
Old 03-24-2011   #8
Steveh4263
1987 Pontiac Trans AM GTA

GTA Year: 1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
Also is that 75.00 for 1 floor mat or a set...the ACC comes with a 4 piece set where rock auto doesn't say
I just looked at the carpeted floor mats at Rock Auto and it says in the description 4pc molded for $74.79 and $111.99 for Essex.
Old 03-24-2011   #9
Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveh4263 View Post
I just looked at the carpeted floor mats at Rock Auto and it says in the description 4pc molded for $74.79 and $111.99 for Essex.
Ok thanks! I think i'm going to go ahead and order that then...the cognac colour as I have the beechwood interior and have been looking for a solution for awhile!
Old 03-24-2011   #10
janlarsson
F-Body Member

Anyone got pics you could post of these floormats?

1989 TTA #1078 - 1 of 3 in the UK
janlarsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011   #11
Josh

Alright just ordered a set of the "cognac" for my 90 GTA Beechwood interior...hopefully all goes well! (Only thing is shipping cost is a little steep but still cheaper overall compared to ACC)
Old 03-24-2011   #12
djmarch
1989 Gunmetal Grey, 350 TPI, 700R4, 3:27 BW

http://www.carmotorsports.com/index.php

Here is another source for floor mats. They even allow you to add a logo to them...Several to choose from and colors. I will be buying my set through this site as soon as I can convince myself to spend the 150 bucks...
Old 03-24-2011   #13
Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmarch View Post
http://www.carmotorsports.com/index.php

Here is another source for floor mats. They even allow you to add a logo to them...Several to choose from and colors. I will be buying my set through this site as soon as I can convince myself to spend the 150 bucks...
don't think they have exact oem floor mat outlines that are molded though...
Old 04-06-2011   #14
Josh

Hey everyone well I have my floormats now from RockAuto. The quality looks very good and they are the exact same size and cut as the original floor mats minus the GM squares. As for colour I ordered the cognac and while it matches my beechwood interior it is a slight shade darker than the original floor mats but a very close match. It could be that 20 years of sun or whatnot may have faded the original floor mats and carpet so maybe that's why it's lighter? Either way these are great and i'll take some pictures soon!
Old 04-07-2011   #15
Josh

Hey....so maybe someone can help me out. I got my floor mats a few days ago as you saw in my earlier post but the cognac colour is darker than my interior carpet or previous floor mats. Looking back at the colour selections it seems maybe the medium beige #9777 would of been more close but who knows. Judging by my rpo codes I have the beechwood interior but not sure if the cognac was the right colour for my 1990 beechwood interior as it seems more suited to the darker saddle interior colour and I believe beechwood was the lighter one of the two. Any help or insight on this? Thanks! Posting picture of comparison soon.

Last edited by Josh; 04-07-2011 at 08:58 PM.
Old 04-07-2011   #16
Josh

So not bad but not exact match. Since the site lists another colour that's lighter when you search up for year and model car... which is the medium doeskin #9777 I feel since they have the list of oem colours this would be the one but going to phone ACC and get colour samples for sure but the fit and exact cut rock as you can see!

Last edited by Josh; 04-07-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Old 04-13-2011   #17
Josh

bump :P
Old 04-14-2011   #18
1badGTA
BAD GTA 88 5.0 TPI/T5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
So not bad but not exact match. Since the site lists another colour that's lighter when you search up for year and model car... which is the medium doeskin #9777 I feel since they have the list of oem colours this would be the one but going to phone ACC and get colour samples for sure but the fit and exact cut rock as you can see!

It looks like they match 100% the carpet on your door. I think you interior has faded and if it hadnt it would be spot on! sweet!
Old 04-14-2011   #19
Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badGTA View Post
It looks like they match 100% the carpet on your door. I think you interior has faded and if it hadnt it would be spot on! sweet!
hmm ya but still a tad darker..unfortunately I returned them and am waiting on some colour samples....so hopefully I didn't make a mistake...the carpet looks the same colour under the seats as the front area etc so doubt that could of faded but who knows. It more so matches the door cupholder and armrest. Hopefully I find a more similar colour.
Old 04-14-2011   #20
djmarch
1989 Gunmetal Grey, 350 TPI, 700R4, 3:27 BW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badGTA View Post
I think the offset of color is what you want...To me it looks better that way...Just my opinion...And you know, opinions are like assholes...Everyone has one...