Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA TECH

GTA TECH Want to discuss technical topics about your GTA.... engine tuning, mechanical upgrades, problem areas, etc.? Then post it HERE!

Old 02-14-2011   #1
BedonGTA

Looook! 1989 trans am gta

OK so im ready too buy a TRANS AM GTA but the dash pocket says trans am and it also has the bird on it which was wierd to me its only supposed to have a bird on it only so everything about the car is GTA from the ws6 wheels the emblems every single little thing but that dash pocket...
i have the vin # and i want to car fax it or run it through Pontiac Historic services or whatever but would that let me know if its a true GTA and how long would it take to recieve that info?

did they make 1989 Trans Ams besides the 1989 Trans Am GTA?? and if they did do they look like complete twins

the 89 im looking at has the audio steering wheel too so its little sketchy??
BedonGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011   #2
Wes

Re: Looook! 1989 trans am gta

Quote:
Originally Posted by BedonGTA View Post
OK so im ready too buy a TRANS AM GTA but the dash pocket says trans am and it also has the bird on it which was wierd to me its only supposed to have a bird on it only so everything about the car is GTA from the ws6 wheels the emblems every single little thing but that dash pocket...
i have the vin # and i want to car fax it or run it through Pontiac Historic services or whatever but would that let me know if its a true GTA and how long would it take to recieve that info?

did they make 1989 Trans Ams besides the 1989 Trans Am GTA?? and if they did do they look like complete twins

the 89 im looking at has the audio steering wheel too so its little sketchy??
They made both regular Trans Ams and the GTA. Not 100% sure on how long it would take to get the invoice from PHS, I would say about a week by mail but I am pretty sure they offer a fax-back option which would get the invoice to you pretty quickly.

There are differences between the T/A and GTA other than the dash pocket and wheels.

This is all the info you should need to authenticate a true GTA

http://www.gtasourcepage.com/newauthentication.html
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011   #3
BedonGTA

Re: Looook! 1989 trans am gta

it has all emblems of a 89 gta it has the little performance logo on the dash
BedonGTA is offline   Reply With Quote