Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA CLASSIFIEDS > GTA PARTS FOR SALE

GTA PARTS FOR SALE Tired of looking at those GTA parts out in the garage? Need to clear out some space in the shop? Then post your parts HERE!

Old 01-11-2011   #1
TTOP350

NOS gray molded door panels

I paid 500$ for them would like that plus shipping.
reasonable trades or offers considered.

http://s894.photobucket.com/albums/a...door%20panels/
TTOP350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011   #2
cyclecamper

Re: NOS gray molded door panels

I am desperate for the panels and rubber seals that go above those door panels, nearer the windows...
cyclecamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011   #3
TTOP350

I forgot I still had these until I was in the garage the other day. I still need to get a shipping quote for someone if they are still interested.
Old 03-14-2012   #4
TTOP350

Ttt
Old 08-21-2012   #5
TTOP350

bump
Old 08-21-2012   #6
djmarch
1989 Gunmetal Grey, 350 TPI, 700R4, 3:27 BW

GTA Year: 1989
GTA Engine: 350 TPI Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTOP350 View Post
I paid 500$ for them would like that plus shipping.
reasonable trades or offers considered.

http://s894.photobucket.com/albums/a...door%20panels/
Dude...No offense, but why aren't these on your vehicle since you paid 500 bucks for them ?

Anybody know why these don't have the mounting holes for the corner pouches ?
Old 08-26-2012   #7
TTOP350

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmarch View Post
Dude...No offense, but why aren't these on your vehicle since you paid 500 bucks for them ?

Anybody know why these don't have the mounting holes for the corner pouches ?
Some cars had the map pocket and some didn't.. I've seen them both ways..
I sold the car I was going to put them on and it was never really worth these nice panels. They should be on a super nice resto or a low mile car that may have a issue with the stock panels.
Old 08-26-2012   #8
YumikoGTA
Original and Current GTA owner

One of the issues is most GTAs have the map pocket option and so people are looking for ones wtih the map pockets on them to match what is on their rpo sticker. You also have to find someone who is looking for that specific color as well. Realistically these are worth between $50 and $75 each. But if you keep them for ten or fifteen more years, maybe someone will buy them for $500 then. People can probably restore the ones that they already have on their GTAs for a lot less than $500 and so that is maybe why you are unable to sell them right now. Good Luck.

Yumiko

Last edited by YumikoGTA; 08-26-2012 at 12:36 PM.
YumikoGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012   #9
djmarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTOP350 View Post
Some cars had the map pocket and some didn't.. I've seen them both ways..
I sold the car I was going to put them on and it was never really worth these nice panels. They should be on a super nice resto or a low mile car that may have a issue with the stock panels.
Not that I don't disagree...I have yet to see a GTA without the corner pouches. The question I have for the board would be, did other firebird transam models come with the molded door panels ?
Old 08-26-2012   #10
TTOP350

50-75 each for NOS in the box molded panels?? I'm going to guess you havent seen the flat repo door panels that sell for 169-279 bux a pair..
The map pocket holes, crank window handle hole and manual mirror bezel hole can be added to them just like any other panel with ease. (its kinda like buying a replacement decklid, fender or door, they don't have all the holes punched in them because it has to work on the base cars all the way up to the cars with groundFX on them).
I'd like to see someones molded door panels that have been restored, how they look and how much it cost them. I'd almost bet it would be over $500 and it wouldn't look like these NOS panels do..

The TransAm and formula both have had those panels, esp in 87. Ive seen them in pretty much every firebird model, even the base birds.

I haven't really been trying hard to sell them either. If they sell fine, if they don't thats fine also. Everytime I remember I still have them, I post up about them. I have had plenty of people that really want them but they want to trade me for stuff I don't need or could never use..

Last edited by TTOP350; 08-26-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Old 08-26-2012   #11
YumikoGTA

Save them for fifteen or twenty years and you may be able to sell them for that amount at then. Or someone now that needs them that badly may buy them from you.

It reminds me of a time when I sold one of the spare hood insulations that I have. The guy bought it from me for $175 and I had only paid around $25 for it from the GM dealership. I was not planning to sell it and I did not ask him to buy it. But when he stopped to talk to me about my GTA, the spare parts that I have came up in the conversation and he asked me if I would sell him one. He said the price first and so I said "Ok if you want it for that much." He was also restoring a GTA, well that is what he said anyways, I never seen it, he was just telling me about it.

So I guess there are people that are that desperate to buy some parts so you may find such a person, but it probably just takes some time.

Yumiko
Old 08-27-2012   #12
TTOP350

The oldest of these cars that would/could use them is 25yrs old and the newest is 20 yrs old...
Old 09-02-2012   #13
fbody4me

The early built 1987 cars didn't have a map pocket on the door panel. I know this because I have owned three of them and I currently have one sitting in my garage right now. I do know that the pocket had it's own part number so maybe all of the replacement door panels came this way and you had to buy the pocket separately. I am not 100% sure that's how they came because I have never seen a NOS molded panel but from buying thousands of dollars of parts from GM I know they don't give you anything They try to squeeze every last dime out of you!

As far as the price, I think that's a fair price. I bet they were more expensive back in the late 80's. If they were beechwood I would of bought them already.
fbody4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012   #14
djmarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbody4me View Post
The early built 1987 cars didn't have a map pocket on the door panel. I know this because I have owned three of them and I currently have one sitting in my garage right now. I do know that the pocket had it's own part number so maybe all of the replacement door panels came this way and you had to buy the pocket separately. I am not 100% sure that's how they came because I have never seen a NOS molded panel but from buying thousands of dollars of parts from GM I know they don't give you anything They try to squeeze every last dime out of you!

As far as the price, I think that's a fair price. I bet they were more expensive back in the late 80's. If they were beechwood I would of bought them already.
When you say early 87 cars, you do mean GTAs don't you ? I know on my 89 GTA the molded door panels have the machine cut holes , (OEM), for the corner pockets. That's why I asked in my earlier thread on this post.
Old 05-12-2013   #15
F-bodydriver

300$$$$$$ ?????????
F-bodydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013   #16
YumikoGTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-bodydriver View Post
300$$$$$$ ?????????
This thing was posted for sale two years ago so it will be lucky if they are still for sale by that seller now.

Yumiko
Old 05-13-2013   #17
TTOP350

No luck needed, I still have them. Like I said, I haven't really tried to sell them other than here either.
If a 4piece set of NOS gray floormats are going for $400plus on ebay these days, these should be worth what I'm asking fairly easy.
I'm not in any hurry to sell at all.
Old 05-16-2013   #18
F-bodydriver

Anyway, the eBay prices are crazy expecially for nos parts, but always remember that IF ONE PERSON ASKS 400 $$$$$$$$ for a set of nos pair of floormats, he asks but no one is willing to give you such money because parts for 80's cars are quite easy to find NEW at reasonable prices because they are recent cars !!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-16-2013   #19
TTOP350

I saw 3 sets of NOS gray mats sell for over 400$ on E-gay, I was in until 250$, it blew me away.
I know its crazy but it is what it is. Parts for these cars are drying up quickly and it'll get worse with newer cars and the "on demand" inventory system they use these days. When they stop making the cars, the parts will stop being made, makes ya feel warm and toasty about buying a new car eh?

Last edited by TTOP350; 05-16-2013 at 11:20 PM.
Old 05-24-2013   #20
F-bodydriver

you are right

Last edited by F-bodydriver; 05-24-2013 at 11:21 AM.