Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA CLASSIFIEDS > GTA CARS FOR SALE

GTA CARS FOR SALE Got a GTA that, Heaven Forbid, you're looking to send to a good home for whatever reason? Then post your listing HERE.....!

Old 07-17-2010   #1
Wes

FS: Red 1987 GTA 16k miles

Well, my wife has the fever for a convertible and, truth be told, I would'nt mind pursuing a TTA.
So, I have decided to put my prized GTA on the market and see what happens. If it doesnt sell, I get to keep it. Not a bad deal for me either way.
It currently has 16,2xx miles. The tires have about 4k on them and the rims are beautiful.
It's a Norwood car so it doesnt have the Van Nuys paint issues. I gave it a 3 stage Maguires waxing just 2 months ago.
The car was rustproofed when new.

It has been driven though so there are some pinhead sized knicks (mostly along the leading edge of the hood) that have been touched up with factory touchup paint.

There are 2 things that it needs.

- The power antenna quit last year and I havent had a chance to repair it. It kept running so I just unplugged the relay and it stays up.
- One of the factory subwoofers is blown. I have been holding out for an NOS replacement rather than fitting an aftermarket woofer into the enclosure so I leave the subwoofer system off.

What I have:

1987 Sales brochure
1987 Product guide w/order sheets
Copy of invoice
Copy of window sticker
Original Ohio registration from 4/87
Several other registrations
Carfax from 2002
Carfax from 2009
All service records since 2002 when it had 9000 miles
Bills of sale from previous owners
Several pamphlets that came with new car purchase
- Goodyear mini-spare
- Let's Talk sevice checklist
- Delco 2000 series music system
- 1987 Maintenance schedule
- Goodyear Tire protection Plan (in original owners name)

What I dont have:
- owners manual
- t-top shades

All service records since 2002 when it had 9000 miles

Most of you know my car but here are a couple of links with pictures

The Spotlight Feature that Frankie did on it 3 years ago

http://www.gtasourcepage.com/gtaspotlight1007.html

CarDomain

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3111280

I will answer any questions. Price is $14,000.

Last edited by Wes; 07-17-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010   #2
GTAs_RULE

Re: FS: Red 1987 GTA 16k miles

Thats a sweet car Wes.
GTAs_RULE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010   #3
8t9transamgta

''Well, my wife has the fever for a convertible and, truth be told, I would'nt mind pursuing a TTA.''

Duh just get a drop top TTA that way you both get what you want. Problem solved theres like two of them out there (course you already new that) so you shouldn't have any problem finding one or the other. Seriously best of luck selling your GTA you sure you only want 14 (is this US/Canadian/Euro?) I'd think a straight trade for a same condition TTA would be more like it. 10 years from now when these are going over the block at BJ and Mecum (because we all sold ours and want them back) yours should bring the premium theres how many hundreds of low mile TTAs out there all optioned the exact same yours is what one of a handful if that. I can say that I'm lucky that yours ain't blk on blk because I'd be really tempted to buy another one even though I just sold mine...
8t9transamgta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010   #4
Wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8t9transamgta View Post
''Well, my wife has the fever for a convertible and, truth be told, I would'nt mind pursuing a TTA.''

Duh just get a drop top TTA that way you both get what you want. Problem solved theres like two of them out there (course you already new that) so you shouldn't have any problem finding one or the other.
I would be happy just to see one in person but I dont think I would want to own one as I want something that I can drive.
Old 07-19-2010   #5
8t9transamgta

http://www.gtasourcepage.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=52440

You and him need to get together on your car. Don't know why he wants a 88 but yours meets all his other requirements.

That way you can go buy tha TTA drop top already...
8t9transamgta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010   #6
Wes

Price lowered to $13,000.