Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA CLASSIFIEDS > GTA PARTS WANTED

GTA PARTS WANTED Looking for just the right part(s) out there to restore your GTA to its former glory? Whatever you need to find.... post your listing HERE!

Old 08-29-2006   #1
PhillyTurboSix
cRaCk wH0rE

Center cap GM part number? Aftermarket any good? Whats' the best to use and where?

Hey guys.. did some searching on the site and could not find the GM part number for the center caps. I picked up a set of GTA rims I'm going to use on my GN but I'd like to replace the center caps. anyone know the GM part number? I don't need them with the logo in the middle as I'm going to use some custom turbo six ones. Also who is making aftermarket ones? Whats' better? Aftermarket? GM? I see the metal retainer on some out there. Is there a certain part number for just those? Links? Help me out! Thanks!

I did find this number on another site. Anyone know if it's the correct number?

Center cap GM #12514403 ??

86 Buick Grand National CF5 car. Sexy Stocker
87 Buick Grand National CC1 car. All the go fast mods and some chrome.
89 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am #396 CC1 Leather. Stock 30K on it. Featured in Hemmings Muscle Machines Feb. 2006

NEW pictures here! CLICK HERE!

Everything you wanted to know about the 1989 20th Anniversary TTA right here.. http://89tta.turbobuicks.net/
PhillyTurboSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007   #2
Stephen

Re: Center cap GM part number? Aftermarket any good? Whats' the best to use and where

I actually have one on my 89 parts car with no center, if you are interested.

5.7/700R4/3.27 M78--4th gen front seats/stock split rear seats--
17x9 275/40s front/17x11 315/35s rear custom widened & powdercoated ROH Snypers--02 Rear wing
3rd gen parts 4 sale
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007   #3
gtayumiko
GTA Member

Re: Center cap GM part number? Aftermarket any good? Whats' the best to use and where?

My initial reply to this thread was lost when the forum crashed (or whatever it did).

Metal retainers are not sold at the dealership separately and getting them on e-bay will cost a mint because everyone knows that they are hard to find.

Center caps from the dealership do not come with the center cap emblems, but each do come with a metal retainer.

Center cap/black, part #12514403, $32.20 each without tax.

If you happen to want to purchase the gold emblems for the center, they are called Medallions by the dealership.

Gold ones that are the gold bird are part #10037816 and they are $11.59 each without tax.

After market ones are ok also. I have those on my own GTA, in case someone steals them off of my GTA or one just happens to come off while I am driving. I keep the brand new ones in a safe place. The aftermarket ones are fairly cheap, like $10.00 each at most aftermarket places or on e-bay. But they are cheap because they do not come with the center medallion (unless they are used aftermarket ones and the person selling them had the medallions put on) but more importantly the aftermarket ones do not come with that metal retainer, which you will lose the cap if you hit a pot hole on the road and you do not have those metal retainers on the rim also.

Important thing to remember, when you have mechanics change and/or repair your tires or do rotations, make sure you watch them to confirm that they reinstall those metal retainers on your rims when they are done. This is the number one cause of people not having these retainers on these cars, and after the car has gone from one owner to another and so on, the current owner will not even know that the metal retainer even existed on these cars. Each rim should have one, not just the front or the back, but all four rims should have a metal retainer between the rim and the center cap. Yumiko

Last edited by gtayumiko; 02-03-2007 at 11:50 AM.
gtayumiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007   #4
PhillyTurboSix
cRaCk wH0rE

Re: Center cap GM part number? Aftermarket any good? Whats' the best to use and where?

Thanks for your post! I checked that GM number and they are $43.00 from GM partsdirect. Is that were you got the price or did they go up 10 bucks from the time you posted! I picked up some aftermarket ones and they seem ok but not as many prongs as the GM ones. I just don't want them to come flyin off first bump in the road I hit! The rims just came back from being refinished. Sandblasted, polished lip, automotive black glossy spray in the middle, and then clear coat the entire rim. I was not going to use the clear on the lips so I can polish them but that's to much work! Being it's not a daily driver should hold up well. Let me know what you think..

86 Buick Grand National CF5 car. Sexy Stocker
87 Buick Grand National CC1 car. All the go fast mods and some chrome.
89 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am #396 CC1 Leather. Stock 30K on it. Featured in Hemmings Muscle Machines Feb. 2006

NEW pictures here! CLICK HERE!

Everything you wanted to know about the 1989 20th Anniversary TTA right here.. http://89tta.turbobuicks.net/
PhillyTurboSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007   #5
gtayumiko
GTA Member

They probably went up $10.00 since I purchased them in 2002. I got the price from my GM invoice. Actually I only paid $24.15 each without tax included because my friend there charges me 25% off or something like that. It is the same price they charge people in business, I think it is wholesale but I can not be sure what they call it. But I am sure the price perhaps went up since 2002. The price I listed in my initial reply to your thread is the list price on my invoice. Each of my invoices has two prices "list price and my price." Yumiko