Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA CLASSIFIEDS > GTA CARS FOR SALE

GTA CARS FOR SALE Got a GTA that, Heaven Forbid, you're looking to send to a good home for whatever reason? Then post your listing HERE.....!

Old 06-05-2005   #1
hardway
Back in Black

Original 1988 Trans Am GTA Notchback in TX $2800

***PLEASE READ ENTIRE POST BEFORE EMAILING ME***
For Sale: 1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA Notchback. This is an original notchback car, one of the 714 ever produced. The VIN tag is still on the hatch and I have the full Pontiac Historical Services documentation kit with a copy of the original dealer invoice showing the car as being a notchback car with 350 TPI, 4-wheel disc brakes, tan leather interior, digital gauge package, and black on black color scheme. As you can see the body is in good shape with no dents or dings and only a few small scrapes and scratches here and there and the paint shines up really well. The drive train is a carb’d 350 from a 70’s era truck according to the former owner. The motor runs good, has a comp cam in it with a nice lope to it, needs to have the intake re-sealed since it is leaking a little oil out the back. The transmission is a 700R-4 but I do not know if it is the original. It has been rebuilt and has a shift kit in it. The radiator in the car appears to be a big block 4-core radiator and it does not fit but it does keep the engine cool. The car has brand new tires sitting on the 16” GTA wheels that are in excellent shape with no curb rash or anything. Last month I did a full brake job on it including new pads, a new right front caliper, turned rotors, new master cylinder, and new bearings up front. The front rotors are Raybestos drilled rotors in excellent shape with plenty of material left on them. Also installed was a set of front poly-e. sway bar end links. The car is TX registered and inspected through late 2005. The front springs on the car were heated up and basically ruined by the former owner. I have a full set of correct WS6 springs for the car that go with it.
As you can see the car has an incorrect nose on it. I have everything needed to put the correct 85-90 TA/GTA nose on it. This includes a perfect crash bar, parking light housings, fully restored fog lights, side skirts, and a front bumper cover that needs just to be cleaned, prepped, and painted. The lights and harnesses for the parking lights are still intact and work fine as well as the wiring for the fog lights. I also have a near complete serpentine belt setup and full air conditioning system setup for the car if you wish to put AC back on it. All power window, lock, and mirror functions work perfectly. The notchback itself is in excellent shape with only 1 small crack on the underside. Also included with the car are the correct headlight bezels, a new digital dash cluster since the original one had a cracked screen, the PHS documentation kit, new center console with door/pad and shift plate, brand new GM front nose and rear center tail light emblems, and the 4th gen seats you see in the pics. I do not have the notchback GTA seats, the 4th gen seats were in the car when I got it. However there are some grey cloth Notchback seats on Ebay right now if you are interested. Currently the interior is out of the car, the carpet was trashed so I took it out and removed the cluster for inspection and to replace the R and L AC vents. I was considering parting this car out but I would like to sell it as a whole first. I can not bring myself to scratching another one of these rare cars off the list. I will put the interior back together minus the carpet if someone is truly interested in it since it will take the better part of a weekend to do. I have lots of pictures I can email and I can take pics of anything that anyone wants. I would truly love to keep this car but as you can see I live in an apartment complex and restoring this car is just not an option at this point in my life. Please do not ask me about parting this car because I am wanting to give it a fair shot at being sold as a whole. If I wish to part it out I will post it in the parts section.
I have tried to be as descriptive as possible about the car but I am sure there will be plenty of questions. I am located in Cedar Park TX just north of Austin. Asking $2,800 OBO All serious offers will be considered. I am open to anyone coming to take a look at the car. You can email me at camaroguy@hardwayracing.com Thank you, -Jeff

1989 Turbo TA #670/1555
1989 Blk/Blk GTA 350 T-top
1998 Honda Accord Coupe

1988 IROC-Z Camaro 350 TPI (sold)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/88iroczguy

Last edited by hardway; 06-05-2005 at 10:12 PM.
hardway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005   #2
tommydodso
GTA OWNER

Re: Original 1988 Trans Am GTA Notchback in TX $2800

Hi by some chance could you look at the struts that are there and tell me the part numbers off of them. Also if they are origional or not so I would know where to get them. See I just put a NOtch on mine but the struts from the other hatch does not work on the Notch so i need different ones. Any help would be greatly appriciated Thanks Tommy