Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA CLASSIFIEDS > GTA CARS FOR SALE

GTA CARS FOR SALE Got a GTA that, Heaven Forbid, you're looking to send to a good home for whatever reason? Then post your listing HERE.....!

Old 03-09-2005   #1
GTA_Jay
GTA Owner

1989 Trans Am GTA

Well, I think that after the short tenure my GTA has had with me, I may be looking into selling it. I have an S10 Blazer, and this car, and with gas prices gouging my wallet, I think I need to look for an economy car or a motorcycle... plus, working two jobs (full time 8-5, then teaching college 2 nights a week), my own computer consulting business, and any other fires I put what few irons I have left in, I have no time for her... and no desire to continue to pay $75 a month for a storage unit for her when I can't work on her... (it's a female car... since cars are always tempermental... lol)

1989 Trans Am GTA, 5.7 TPI 350, 130k ish, Auto, Air, T's... the typical GTA stuff. New passenger area carpet, headliner recovered, sail panals recovered, 4th gen console with cupholders (still need to mount the switches), dash pad is excellent, all seats recovered (front is 100% leather, sides and all, rear it matching vinyl, all OEM GM leather/vinyl). Still have stock radio, works... but installed a Clarion Pro Audio CD/MP3 player, that goes with car. Needs sunvisors, oil pan gasket, exhaust manifold gaskets, turn signal camber in stering colum and paint. Has new Alternator, newer batter, new Modine radiator, new water pump, new plugs/wires/cap/button, new fuel pressure regulator, new Flowmaster 70 series with "offroad" tube in exhaust in place of Cat., newer Firestone tires (approx 3500 miles, still have some nipples on them). Original rubber wing taken off, have a fiberglass wing off a 91-92 Trans Am sitting in storage waiting to be mounted, new Ram Air II hood from G&T Fiberglass installed (stock hood is gone). Everything work!

I know she needs a few things, but I also know I have a good amount of money in it. I would like to ask $4500 for it, but also understand some things need to be done to it... so I will entertain offers. It's a great running car, I drove it daily for about 3 months... it gets better gas milage than my Blazer, but can't keep it, since i live in Ohio and we have really screwed up weather here.

I would trade this car for a nice daily driver 4cly. car, or a nice crotch rocket.

A few pics of it can be seen, along with the complete rundown of RPO codes, at http://www.jayyahn.com/toys.htm . I have pics of the interior work done, and engine compartment, availble upon request, and will email them... May even update the website and throw them on there, we'll see.

Hate to get rid of it, but when I am filling the Blazer up 2 times a week, at what was $26 a pop, and now with gas goin up, $32... somethin has to give.

email me at jyahn@yahoo.com , or drop a line here.

GTA-less now....

Previous Experience -
'89 Trans Am GTA 5.7
'89 Iroc-Z 5.7
'92 Firebird 3.1
'88 Trans Am 5.7
'84 Z28 5.0
'87 Formula 5.0
GTA_Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005   #2
GTA_Jay
GTA Owner

Re: 1989 Trans Am GTA

Updated my website with pics of the interior and whatnot...

GTA-less now....

Previous Experience -
'89 Trans Am GTA 5.7
'89 Iroc-Z 5.7
'92 Firebird 3.1
'88 Trans Am 5.7
'84 Z28 5.0
'87 Formula 5.0
Old 03-12-2005   #3
GTA_Jay
GTA Owner

Re: 1989 Trans Am GTA

Sold.

Got a little emotional seeing it go... but got a good deal on it.

GTA-less now....

Previous Experience -
'89 Trans Am GTA 5.7
'89 Iroc-Z 5.7
'92 Firebird 3.1
'88 Trans Am 5.7
'84 Z28 5.0
'87 Formula 5.0