Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA TECH

GTA TECH Want to discuss technical topics about your GTA.... engine tuning, mechanical upgrades, problem areas, etc.? Then post it HERE!

Old 04-14-2003   #1
highway431

Arrow High Preformance Catalytic Converters

I have a 1986 Trans Am with a TPI and since you guys seem to know a good bit about Trans Ams of this generation I figured I'd ask all you guys. I am Trying to modify my car to speed up at bit (HE HE!!!) On alot of the GTA's and Some Trans Ams (think the ones with manual Trannies) GM installed Dual Catalytic Converters.
Heres My question will the fit on my car?? Please dont tell me to take them off becuz I am a law abiding person (cept for speed limits of course;-)) and I want it to still be nice and clean as well as legal and quiet Thanks for any answers or tips
highway431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003   #2
92GTA

They will but smog laws make it illegal (in CA anyway) to change your factory cat config. However a single 3" cat and exhaust will flow better anyway, that's what I have.

Good luck!

Alex
Old 04-14-2003   #3
brandon87gta
GTA Member

I wouldn't waste the time nor the money on the dual cats. Like Alex said, a single 3" will out flow both of those and leave you money left over for other mods.

My $0.02

Brandon
brandon87gta is offline   Reply With Quote