Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA CLASSIFIEDS > GTA PARTS FOR SALE

GTA PARTS FOR SALE Tired of looking at those GTA parts out in the garage? Need to clear out some space in the shop? Then post your parts HERE!

Old 03-06-2003   #1
turboal
Classic Car Member

GTA Logo Valve Stem Caps License Screws

I have the opportunity to obtain nickel plated brass valve stem caps and license plate screws made with GTA specific logos (primarily the GTA Nose emblem in the correct colors and the bird emblem). This is not a new item, but it a much better version of an existing item and with logos that are not currently available. All the valve stem caps and license plate screws that I have reviewed are chrome plated ABS plastic. Step on them, run over them and they are dust. Also, we know what happens over time to chrome plated plastic pieces exposed to heat and sun.

The caps I am having made are ALL METAL. Very durable and superior quality. Also, they will be made with logos specific to the GTA and Trans Am cars. My partner owns an 89 GTA convertible and several Turbo Trans Ams and could not find logo specific caps anywhere......so we are having them made.

The license plate screws are actual screws. All I have seen thus far are pop on caps to cover your existing screw. IMHO, this is a nice idea but poor execution as those caps would seem to work loose and when its time to change tags, you run the risk of damaging them. These are actual logo screws that replace the screws already holding you license plate on.

I've attached a picture of what these caps look like, but these are the plastic ones. I have not yet ordered the metal ones because I wanted to see if anyone was interested and if so, what logos you would like to see. My list of logos includes the Sail Panel Birds alone, the GTA Nose emblem, and the Fire Bird with TRANS AM correct font above the bird. These will have a regular price of $14.95 plus $3.85 for priority mail. HOWEVER, mention Frankie Rider or GTA Source page and you will get a 10% discount.

Thanks for the feedback on this product.

Alan
turboal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003   #2
TX_1987_GTA
GTA Owner

HMMMM..... this sounds interesting

I would love to see the valve stem caps with a gold bird or sail pane emblem. I can definately say id have to have a set. The only reason i havent purchased a set as of now is that all of the caps I have seen have a silver bird, since GTA's are trimmed in gold I thought it would look out of place on my car. So keep us posted....

Top of Texas Trans Am Club of Amarillo ( 2010 President )
http://www.transamclubofamarillo.com/

1981 Turbo Trans Am
1987 GTA Trans Am Hardtop 5.7 T.P.I. ( 90000 miles )
1989 GTA/TTA, 20th Anniversary, Indy Pace Car, #402 ( 35000 miles )

1989 Formula T-Top 5.7 T.P.I. " SOLD "
1991 GTA Trans Am Hardtop 5.7 T.P.I. " SOLD "
2000 Ram Air Trans Am LS1 Auto " The EX got it! "
2002 Ram Air Trans Am LS1 6 Speed ( 13700 miles ) " SOLD "
TX_1987_GTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003   #3
FrankieRider2
Site Administrator

GTA Year: 1988
GTA Engine: 350 TPI Automatic
These look great. I'll cast my vote for the GTA sail panel bird as well; that would look great on a body-color background.

But.... be advised. These caps will automatically kick your GTA over into the Modified class at the Trans Am Nationals.....!

Trust me.... been there, done that.

FrankieRider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003   #4
CAR Motorsports

Quote:
Originally posted by FrankieRider2
These look great. I'll cast my vote for the GTA sail panel bird as well; that would look great on a body-color background.

But.... be advised. These caps will automatically kick your GTA over into the Modified class at the Trans Am Nationals.....!

Trust me.... been there, done that.
JUST FOR VALVE CAPS? Man, that is some strict rules.

Alan
www.carmotorsports.com
alan@carmotorsports.com
CAR Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003   #5
mav's 88 gta

Skull & Crossbones sweet!

that would be sooooo sweet to have thoes on my gta! keep us updated on when they will be ready! i want some.
mav's 88 gta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003   #6
turboal
Classic Car Member

Picture of TTA Caps

Guys,

I'm attaching pics of the Turbo Trans Am caps we've received thus far. We also have the GTA Nose emblem replicated on these caps for the GTA owners. Unfortunately, I won't have any pictures to post until after the Pensacola Show this weekend (if we don't sell out of them). They will be available in all the 5 primary colors immediately (Black, White, Bright Red, Flame Red and Gunmetal Grey). We have several variations to choose from: GTA Nose emblem, Trans Am Bird, etc., for people who may have a TA that is not a GTA.

These are absolutely incredible in quality. I can't wait to see the digital graphic stainless steel painted mugs that are on the way.

Thanks,

Alan
Old 03-12-2003   #7
FrankieRider2
Site Administrator

GTA Year: 1988
GTA Engine: 350 TPI Automatic
VERY NICE! Those look incredible.... now if you can just get a photo of a TTA or GTA on the front of the packet behind the tire caps....

Are these available right now? If so, let me know and save me a set of black caps!

Quote:

JUST FOR VALVE CAPS? Man, that is some strict rules.
Yes, sir, that's what they told me. Although the most infuriating thing is having some idiot judge tell you that "you need to address those valve stems if you want to be in the stock category next year".... just minutes after trying to argue you down and say your GTA's notchback decklid wasn't factory.

It was almost like, "well, by God, you're going into Light Modified for some reason...."

They were supposed to try and tone down some of the "exuberance" of some of the classing judges in '02; my experience was much better last year.... luckily for them.

FrankieRider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003   #8
turboal
Classic Car Member

Quote:
Originally posted by FrankieRider2
VERY NICE! Those look incredible.... now if you can just get a photo of a TTA or GTA on the front of the packet behind the tire caps....

Are these available right now? If so, let me know and save me a set of black caps!

Yes, sir, that's what they told me. Although the most infuriating thing is having some idiot judge tell you that "you need to address those valve stems if you want to be in the stock category next year".... just minutes after trying to argue you down and say your GTA's notchback decklid wasn't factory.

It was almost like, "well, by God, you're going into Light Modified for some reason...."

They were supposed to try and tone down some of the "exuberance" of some of the classing judges in '02; my experience was much better last year.... luckily for them.
Frankie,

The black caps are definitely available RIGHT NOW. If you want a set, give me a ring at 678-431-1408 and I'll make sure a set is saved BEFORE we go to the Pensacola show. Don't forget to mention Frankie Rider for your 10% discount......LOL!!!!

On that show, I'd hate to see what one of those judges would do upon confronting one of my partners 88 GTA Turbo Trans Ams (the Design Check version and the Emissions Check Version). Both have 88 VIN Numbers rebadged to a PAS Vin but all the 89 Drivetrain and equipment/interior. The emissions vehicle, interestingly, does not have the notchback rear seats.

Thanks,

Alan
Old 03-13-2003   #9
chris87gta
NTTGA Member

I will definately want some flame red ones-bird or emblem. Keep us posted.

Daily driver: '99 F150 XLT Ext. cab. 3-4 inch belltech drop kit, Reflexxion cowl hood, Flowmaster.
chris87gta is offline   Reply With Quote