Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA NON-TECH

GTA NON-TECH Got a question about non-mechanical items related to your GTA.... whatever they may be? Then post it HERE!

Old 01-23-2003   #1
CAR Motorsports

Third Gen Embroidered Hood Insulator PICTURE

I wanted to share a picture of our newly completed embroidered hood insulator for an 89 Turbo Trans Am. We will be offering these with your choice of any of our available logos for all third and fourth generation firebirds, trans ams, GTAs, etc.

These hood insulators are NOT a wrap of the original ones. We use a product that is water and chemical proof. We left the new board material in the pouring rain for a week and there was no absorption, no staining, no deterioration of the material. This allows you to keep it clean by washing it without it tearing up. The material is also anti-flammable. The cloth material also is heat resistant to 400 degrees. We use German thread, which is the best in the industry. These insulators are more than just nice looking. Just in case you are interested.

On to the picture.......
www.carmotorsports.com
alan@carmotorsports.com
CAR Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003   #2
Fred91GTA
"Firehawk" GTA owner

That hood insulator is NICE!!! When will they be available? Any idea on price yet? I definitely want to get one for my car as my hood insulator is falling apart.

1991 Trans Am GTA... Hopefully again
Fred91GTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003   #3
FrankieRider2
Site Administrator

GTA Year: 1988
GTA Engine: 350 TPI Automatic
That repro hood pad quality sounds really good, especially in light of how long the GM ones last..... I've always changed at least one hood pad on my cars every year.

I like the TTA one you showed and I'm sure that the GTA ones will look great too.... but is there any chance that you all will be selling these sans the logos? Some folks like myself go for the OEM look on our cars and one of these hood pads in a "plain" design would be fantastic if it will last as you claim.

FrankieRider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003   #4
CAR Motorsports

hood insulator

Quote:
Originally posted by FrankieRider2
That repro hood pad quality sounds really good, especially in light of how long the GM ones last..... I've always changed at least one hood pad on my cars every year.

I like the TTA one you showed and I'm sure that the GTA ones will look great too.... but is there any chance that you all will be selling these sans the logos? Some folks like myself go for the OEM look on our cars and one of these hood pads in a "plain" design would be fantastic if it will last as you claim.
Yes, Frankie. We will be offering them plain also. The price difference will be the cost of the embroidery. Right now, we expect a price of around $195 for the embroidered ones. The logo is Huge (approximately 7 inches by 13 inches). These will look great and last a VERY LONG time due to our material choices and construction. The materials are resistant to automotive fluids and will be able to be cleaned easily with a mild detergent. That way, you can keep it looking nice! Our kit will include new insulator mounting tabs also. Even the glue is special......a heat resistant formulation to ensure bonding well in excess of 400 degrees without any degradation.

Thanks for the interest. We've spent several months researching this product to get it right.

Alan
www.carmotorsports.com
alan@carmotorsports.com
Old 01-24-2003   #5
Fred91GTA
"Firehawk" GTA owner

Alan,

I'm curious, will those embroidered hood insulators fir an aftermarket fiberglass hood such as an ASCD Ram Air I hood? I plan on putting one on my car eventually. Thanks.

Old 01-25-2003   #6
CAR Motorsports

Custom Hood Patterns

Quote:
Originally posted by Fred91GTA
Alan,

I'm curious, will those embroidered hood insulators fir an aftermarket fiberglass hood such as an ASCD Ram Air I hood? I plan on putting one on my car eventually. Thanks.
Fred,

I can't say at this point, but what I can tell you is that we will develop one for it for sure. We are already going to be working with Goodmark to develop these for their various hoods. First up by request was the mid 80's G Body Monte Carlo Cowl hood that Goodmark makes.

This is what we specialize in, custom products. So, we will definitely make you one, even if you are the only person that ever buys one for that hood.

Thanks,

Alan
www.carmotorsports.com
alan@carmotorsports.com
Old 01-25-2003   #7
Fred91GTA
"Firehawk" GTA owner

Awesome!!!

Thanks Alan, we will definitely be doing business sometime in the near future.

Old 02-07-2003   #8
Tankueray
Multi-Vehicle Member

I'm all over the ram air hood insulator, too.
'01 Yukon
'89 GTA Bright Red Hardtop (SOLD)
'95 Tahoe (STOLEN 9/24/02 & Found in decent shape!?) (SOLD)
Tankueray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003   #9
CAR Motorsports

Installed Picture

Quote:
Originally posted by Tankueray
I'm all over the ram air hood insulator, too.
Here's a picture of the Turbo Trans Am insulator installed in my partner's Black Turbo Trans Am Emission Certification Vehicle.

Alan
www.carmotorsports.com
alan@carmotorsports.com
Old 02-08-2003   #10
FrankieRider2
Site Administrator

GTA Year: 1988
GTA Engine: 350 TPI Automatic
Very nice looking item. Those will be popular....

FrankieRider2 is offline   Reply With Quote