Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA CLASSIFIEDS > GTA PARTS WANTED

GTA PARTS WANTED Looking for just the right part(s) out there to restore your GTA to its former glory? Whatever you need to find.... post your listing HERE!

Old 09-26-2002   #1
walldow

Red face looking for a 5.7 tpi for 87gta

hello everyone! i have recently perchased a 87 gta trans am. the care is in poor shape and will take alot of restoration! never been recked but just run through the ringer! any way the original motor has been replaced with a 305 carberated motor! ya i know how ever done it should be kicked in the behind! any way i am starting at the heart of the car. i am looking for a comlpete 5.7 tuned port motor, complete with wiering harness and computer. if any one has any info on wre i can find one please e-mail me at TRAVISHAY@MSN.COM . also if anyone knows of a good parts magazine to order gta parts please e-mail also. thanks alot WALLDOW!

1987 GTA TRANS AM
BLACK ON BLACK
T-TOPS
DIGATAL DASH
ORIGANAL RIMS (GOLD & CROME)
walldow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003   #2
myersro

TPI engine

I have a 1986 TPI engine (V1010DKF) that was pulled out of a 1986 corvette and installed in my 1988 GTA. The engine has a spun #3 rod bearing. The engine is complete ( computer, air cond., power steering, alt, air pump, exhaust manifolds) The cylinder bore is very good. (no ridge, it will not need bored) Please e-mail if you are interested.
myersro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003   #3
MRPITTSII
Cadillac Member

Talking i have got your motor!!

HELLO I SAW THAT YOU WERE ON THE QUEST FOR AN INTAKE AND PLENUM, AND I HAVE ONE FROM AN 88 350 TPI. IT IS A STOCK BASE AND PLENUM, WITH SLP SIAMESE RUNNERS. IF YOU ARE STILL INTERESTED IN HAVING ONE, LET ME KNOW. I AM ASKING $300.00 obo FOR THE INTAKE AND SLP RUNNERS AND PLENUM. runners worth that alone almost; but I am negotiable. I also have the 5.7 liter engine, for sale, now that I have finished building my new 383 motor. I am asking $700.00 for the motor, intake, runners, Edelbrock headers. Headers and runners alone are worth that much. Let me know if you are interested.

thanks in advance for your reply,
Kenneth Pitts II
motor runs and all it needs is maybe some seals, in the heads, and a wiring harness, that I can inform you on where to find that harness at.
5.7 L98 TPI
300 HP
MRPITTSII is offline   Reply With Quote