Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA TECH

GTA TECH Want to discuss technical topics about your GTA.... engine tuning, mechanical upgrades, problem areas, etc.? Then post it HERE!

Old 09-03-2002   #41
rich88gta
GTA Junkie

LrdNexus: pics sent

ghettocruiser & gtayumiko: If you will recall in earlier posts the rear cooling passages are blocked off by the manifold. That is where the corrosion is happening. No...I dont plan to just leave it, I would have cooling everywhere if I did. Some JB weld(all praise the JB weld God) ought to do the trick. Its just normal cooling water pressure so it should hold up just fine.....probably better actually. The reason I didnt have a coolent leak before was because of all the buildup that had cloged that passage to begin with. Cooling water pressure isnt all that high....
rich88gta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002   #42
rich88gta
GTA Junkie

You just have to love JB weld......
Old 09-04-2002   #43
rich88gta
GTA Junkie

A little messy....but hey....it will be covered by the distributor

I hope my gaskets wont leak.......
Old 09-04-2002   #44
LrdNexus
F-Body Member

you da man rich.

As for your work..it looks good though I'm still having TPI envy. *goes back to fiddling with his measlie edelbrock carburator*
LrdNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002   #45
Dj92GTA
GTA Member

Nice Work!

looking good rich... i was wondering if a person could go deeper on the intake ports there?

you said this was going on a stock engine... say you were going to change the cam and heads... what would suit something like this hogged out LTR setup? I've looked around but theres not much info on it... the more I read this the more interested I am...

Dj
Old 09-04-2002   #46
rich88gta
GTA Junkie

Thanks for the compliments guys....

You can go deeper....much deeper if you wanted. It all has to do with where you want your power band I suppose. What I have there is 2 1/2" deep. I figured that would be a good place to start, and if I want to go deeper I can at some later time.

A head and cam swap on this setup would see great gains. Now that I have freed up so much air in the intake the heads will be choking the engine off. And with the higher RPM range available to me, a higher RPM ranged cam would compliment this really well I think. Unfortunatly I am now broke A head and cam swap may be possible begining next year though.....I still have to get my hood and wing and paint this thing before I move, so engine mods have to take a back seat to that untill I am done with this.