Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA NON-TECH

GTA NON-TECH Got a question about non-mechanical items related to your GTA.... whatever they may be? Then post it HERE!

Old 04-22-2002   #1
MY91Y84
GTA Member

molded carpet

Has anyone put in the aftermarket molded carpet from Year Ones Next Generation catalog? I have heard that they are a pain in the ass but I dont know why. Just curious because I am about to get a custom fit jobby that is going to cost me twice as much.
MY91Y84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002   #2
nblanchard
GTA Member

You talking about a full carpet? I got mats for my car from CARubber.. and they are nice

225.5hp @ 4250rpm (at the wheels)
325.8ft-lbs @ 3250rpm (at the wheels)
nblanchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002   #3
AfroCreame
F-Body Member

Haha! How ironic. I just got mine yesterday and spent the entire day today installing it. The back is no biggie but you have to remove most of the trim in the back to do it right, the front section though is a pain in the ass...and that's an understatement. Getting the carpet to level out is one thing, but taking all the trim off, console, radio pod, seats, damn near everything is the part that took me the longest. Out of 10, I would rate my job as a 7. It's okay, but not as good as original. If I did it all over again I would use some spray on adhesive on the backing. Might help a little. I'am hoping these 100F+ summer days in texas will soften it up and lay down a bit better. Make sure you have lotsa razor blades. Cutting all the holes isn't much fun with a dull knife. Good luck!
AfroCreame is offline   Reply With Quote