Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA MISC

GTA MISC What you're looking to find out about your GTA doesn't fit in the above categories? Then post your topic HERE!

Old 03-31-2005   #1
gtayumiko
GTA Member

Angry Something new this year

I am pretty upset right now because I just getting my registration renewal in mail yesterday. What make me angry is, before, if you failed a smog test by registering as a "gross poluter" you would then have to go to special place to get car retested.....0nly if your car results were "gross poluter". And also usually it is a very big hassle to go to one of these special test locations and it also cost so much more money to get test instead of going to ordinary gas station that does smog testing.

Well......now when I get my registration in mail yesterday for my GTA and I open it up, it telling me that I have to automatically go to this special test facility even though my car pass smog last time very clean.

So bottom line hear is, if you own car ten years or older, I bet they will automatically make you test your car at one of those gross poluter test facilitys which is a hassle because it costs much more for that test and it is not a convinient location. Also I think you have to make an appointment specially before and it is probably not open on weekends so I have to take time from my work just to go there.

So Stupid!! And I am really furious about this one. It use to be that you would be rewarded for keeping your car in good conditon by not having to go to this type of special facility. Now you get punish because your car is not brand new. I think I will take my boyfriend and if any of those smog guys gets oil on my car I hope he kicks their ass for me. Yumiko

Last edited by gtayumiko; 03-31-2005 at 04:33 PM.
gtayumiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005   #2
Fred91GTA
"Firehawk" GTA owner

Re: Something new this year

Man, that sucks. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. You're out in California, right? I hope this type of testing is just a one time event and not every year. Unfortunately, it's always how it works. The people who do the right thing get punsihed instead of rewarded, while the other punks that do stuff illegally get away with it. Maybe your state is just making it harder for people who own older cars to hang on to them?

1991 Trans Am GTA... Hopefully again
Fred91GTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005   #3
gtayumiko
GTA Member

You are right Fred, this state is making it harder for older cars to be on the road. I know some people who own cars that were made in 1984. They get things in the mail from the state saying that if they bring their car to junk yard for distruction, they will receive $600.00 check from the State (CA). I think I will laugh if they send one of those to me for my GTA. So perhaps when our GTA is 20 years or older, we will start getting these invitations too. Yumiko
Old 04-01-2005   #4
Fred91GTA
"Firehawk" GTA owner

I'd tell my state I'd shove my car up the Governor's a** before I take it to a junkyard. That's really insulting. Imagine having a 1984 or older Porsche or Ferrari, or other exotic car in mint condition and getting a letter from the state saying they'll give you $600 to have it crushed. I'd promptly write a letter back to the DMV to go **** themselves, then invite my governor to spread his cheeks so I could drive my car between them.

What they should do is send all those invitations to the Soccer moms and off-road posers driving SUVs instead of Minivans. I'm sure that'll cut down on emissions and save gas a LOT better than going after what few older cars are left on the road.

1991 Trans Am GTA... Hopefully again
Fred91GTA is offline   Reply With Quote