Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA TECH

GTA TECH Want to discuss technical topics about your GTA.... engine tuning, mechanical upgrades, problem areas, etc.? Then post it HERE!

Old 11-14-2000   #1
REMOVED USER

ADS Super Chip for 87 GTA 350

I just discovered that my recently purchased 87 GTA 350 has the ADS Super Chip in it. But… what I don't know is any tuning specifics (timing, etc.) that go along with an ADS Super Chip application. I would very much like to know this info as the car was purchased from a dealer and I think they may have tinkered with it to get it thru emissions… and I don't think they have it set up just right for the chip.

If anybody out there has this chip in their GTA I would greatly appreciate your help. Thanks!

Old 11-15-2000   #2
REMOVED USER

prom

I run a Hypertech Thermomaster chip. Summit informed me that ADS went out of business recently. The chip usually alters the timing and fuel curve at 80% or more throttle, depending on if you have a street chip or off-road/strip chip. Should not affect your emission test either. The computer looks for a correct window of timing, otherwise the car will hardly idle and run like crap. This is using 36-38 degrees of total timing. Should not have any problem passing as long as you are running a Cat and the air injection system into the exhaust. It will pass with these items in place and you can still use a 160 degree thermostat.
Old 11-29-2000   #3
REMOVED USER

Need Timing Info for ADS Super Chip

I really need to know timing specifics for the ADS Super Chip (street) for my 87 GTA 350. Please, if anyone has this info let me know.

Thanks.