Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA TECH

GTA TECH Want to discuss technical topics about your GTA.... engine tuning, mechanical upgrades, problem areas, etc.? Then post it HERE!

Old 05-20-2001   #1
REMOVED USER

Aero-Wing Spoiler

Over the last 2 months I have tried to negotiate with George from GT Auto Accessories to supply me with a replacement fiberglass wing for my 88 GTA. I believe this is the replacement wing to buy after reading the rave reviews on this and other message boards. However, 6 weeks ago after telling me he was a arranging to supply me with a wing through a friend who takes Visa(apparently he doesn't) I haven't heard a thing since (despite 3 emails to him!)
Now if I offend anyone I like to be told, or maybe he just doesn't like Aussies. Anyway I'm still keen to get one of these wings as my original is falling apart.
Can anyone suggest where I go from here, It's difficult trying to get this sorted from the other side of the world. Is there another supplier or can somebody get a wing for me and I'll arrange payment to you.
Old 05-21-2001   #2
REMOVED USER

Aero-Wing

Just heard from George. Apparently the Emails he was sending me were just coming back to him. Technology is great when it works but when it doesn't....!@#%&*
Old 05-23-2001   #3
REMOVED USER

Re: Aero-Wing Spoiler

Hey Aussie Steve, Where are you in Australia? I'm in Adelaide. Let me know how you get on with the rear spoiler as I would like to get my hands on one also.
Old 05-30-2001   #4
REMOVED USER

I just called George at that site... at GT Auto Accessories, and the number was not the right number. I got in touch with some guy with a strong accent, who told me I had the wrong number. If anyone knows the deal with that site.. could you please let me know. I really need that fiberglass spoiler. Thanks.
Old 06-05-2001   #5
REMOVED USER

Problem solved... just waiting for George to send me the wing I ordered.
Old 06-11-2001   #6
REMOVED USER

I RECEIVED MY REPLACEMENT WING AND RAM-AIR HOOD FOR MY 88 GTA AND IT IS AWSOME AND WEIGHS ABOUT ONE FIFTH OF THE ORIGINAL ONE AND THE HATCH OPENS NICELY NOW AND EVERYTHING FITS PERFECTLY!
Old 06-14-2001   #7
REMOVED USER

Other sources

FYI, Year One sells replacement fiberglass spoilers for $550. I know nothing of their quality however.
Old 06-14-2001   #8
FrankieRider2
Site Administrator

GTA Year: 1988
GTA Engine: 350 TPI Automatic

Year One gets their aerowings from GT Auto..... all the aftermarket suppliers do. Year One, NextGen, Ames, etc.....

That is why I had to be very careful helping George advertise these when they first became available..... his customers were upset by his dealing with me, even though I wasn't actually selling the wings. He just gave (and still gives) discounts to Source Page patrons, but I had no dealings with him.

Finally, he just said "Screw it"..... told them what was up and I guess they calmed down a bit.

FrankieRider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2001   #9
REMOVED USER

I would like to get one of those wings how much (including shipping) does the wing cost ?? also how do I contact George ?? my wing looks like S*#% I think GM should replace it !!! what do you think ?
Old 08-07-2001   #10
REMOVED USER

discounts

Quote:
He just gave (and still gives) discounts to Source Page patrons
Crap! I just paid $425 for my 4th gen spoiler.