Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA CLASSIFIEDS > GTA CARS FOR SALE

GTA CARS FOR SALE Got a GTA that, Heaven Forbid, you're looking to send to a good home for whatever reason? Then post your listing HERE.....!

Old 02-26-2010   #1
RazorRC

GTA Year: 1989
GTA Engine: 350 TPI Automatic
1989 GTA trans am (IL)

I wish not to do this but i pretty much don't have a choice....
I own a 89 Flame Red Metallic GTA with TTops.
it's has the original 350tpi, a upgraded 700R4 trans. with 2800 stall, and the original borg-warner 9 bolt, 3.27 rear. The interior is Beechwood Leather w/ folding split rear seats. All mechanical operations are in working order. The body has all original sheet metal. However there is one minor issue. The driver side sail panel has a bubble spot, light surface rust is starting to form. For the most part the car is original, but i have done several tasteful upgrades.
I have many receipts for parts purchases, a full documentation including, window sticker, PHS documents, 2 pontiac dealer entusiast handbooks, dealer invoice, dealer service manual, 3 pages of rpo decoded info, and owner's manual. I also have a collection of restoration parts that would go along with the car. I was in the process of restoring her, until i lost my job. The GTA really doesn't need much other then a few restoration parts and a lil bit of paint. The car has only 91k. I'm the 3rd owner of the car and have taken care as best as i could.
My car isn't a trailer queen but it isn't a basket case either. If anything i would probably be asking around $6,500 OBO and that would come with everything, i explained. If interested i can email you a complete list of things that have been done over the past 8 years that i owned her. Pictures are in my photo album, so you can get a good idea what "Wildfire" looks like. I do plan on taking some more pics when i have the time....
I may end up putting it on ebay soon, but i rather give it a good home to someone who is a GTA fan and someone i can trust to take care of her. If anyone is interested please let me know. I live in IL and so does the car. My phone number is 630-776-9131. Thank you and god bless...
RazorRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010   #2
1badGTA
BAD GTA 88 5.0 TPI/T5

Re: 1989 GTA trans am (IL)

Good luck with the sale
Old 02-27-2010   #3
gorin002
GM Enthusiast

yes good luck
wy do you sell it ? and you sell it over here garuntee a gta lover
gorin002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010   #4
RazorRC

The reason i'm selling my car is because i have been going through some very hard times and since i lost my job of 9 years in 2008 (business closed), It's been very difficult to pay bills. I've been thur some lousy jobs with low pay and still haven't able to make ends meet...I was hoping to find a new career change but since the economy has been pretty bad, it's very bad timing to seek a new career change.
I have end up moving back in with my parents, which they have been supportive and unfortunately the last thing i wanted to sacrifice is my car! But now i don't have a choice, since i haven't found a new job in the last 5 months...Thanks for your support guys...
Old 02-27-2010   #5
gorin002
GM Enthusiast

i feel sory or i feel sory for you sound so stupid
i can t help you
if you could ehhh only payment is insurance no raod tax i think
if you hold on to it put your car like standby
if you have to sel it some one from this club or national firebird club
wil buy it.one thing for shure does t end up in the junkyard
other hand i hope that you be able find a job get other better one back
november vote this fake and farud goverment outtttttttttt
Old 02-28-2010   #6
FearThisGTA
"The only thing to fear is.............fear itself"

GTA Year: 1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRC View Post
The reason i'm selling my car is because i have been going through some very hard times and since i lost my job of 9 years in 2008 (business closed), It's been very difficult to pay bills. I've been thur some lousy jobs with low pay and still haven't able to make ends meet...I was hoping to find a new career change but since the economy has been pretty bad, it's very bad timing to seek a new career change.
I have end up moving back in with my parents, which they have been supportive and unfortunately the last thing i wanted to sacrifice is my car! But now i don't have a choice, since i haven't found a new job in the last 5 months...Thanks for your support guys...
Sorry to hear this. I too, am unemployed, and have been since April 2008. BUT, to be honest in my situation, if were not for my car being paid off, and I had 2 car payments instead of one, I would be in alot more serious trouble. So, *IF* this car is your only means of transportation, then imho, I would keep it, and just try to hang on till something comes up, but that is just me. I hope and *pray* that everything works out for you and your job situation changes soon, very soon.

Cliff Jones
1991 GTA Trans Am
w/305,231 miles
on the original motor!!!!
Time of Death on motor, 4:07pm on 05/29/2010.
Hp:211.2@4200rpms/Tq.328.5@2700rpms
Best et: 13.959@97.05mph
Best mph: 98.3
Best 60' : 1.875 on BFG Comp TA's w/ 32 lbs of air in them
FearThisGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010   #7
FrankieRider2
Site Administrator

GTA Year: 1988

Man, I feel for you. I'm lucky that my cars are a long time paid for. But I can relate to the jobless scenario.... I was there for 6 months after we stopped raising chicken in '08. I finally took a job with Walmart, and was glad to have it. The area around me here is pretty depressed economically, and my new rate of pay is about 1/2 of what I was making before. But I DO have a full time job and benefits, and for that I am thankful.

I'm in the same boat somewhat though as I am trying to get my '01 Dodge 2500 paid off before diesel fuel takes off again in price. It should pay off in June and that will be a lot less pressure financially.

I hope you are able to find a good buyer for your car; the market is there for folks looking for a nice GTA. You just have to get yours in front of them; that's the key. Best of luck with your sale.

gorin002.... please refrain from political statements/comments in the future. I understand the language barriers, but please try to be more respectful and courteous to other members in the future.

FrankieRider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010   #8
1badGTA
BAD GTA 88 5.0 TPI/T5

Thanks Frankie
Old 02-28-2010   #9
RazorRC

Thanks for your support everyone...when i bought my gta, i took a personal loan from my bank and after 4 years i was able to pay it off. Which helped alot! However, I do have another form of transportation, it's a old caviler. Lucky for me since i owned the gta, i had at least one beater to drive in the harsh chicago winters and "Wildfire" was in storage thur all those winters. That helped kept the milage to a minimum and the road salt away from her undercarrage. I only drove my gta to during pleasent weather and special car events.
FearthisGTA, I'm sorry to hear you lost your job as well. Hang in there and hope you find a new job asap! It's tough when we have to try to make ends meet and not wanting to make sacrifices like this...but some times it unavoidable. God bless everyone...

Last edited by RazorRC; 02-28-2010 at 11:36 AM.
Old 02-28-2010   #10
gorin002
GM Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieRider2 View Post
Man, I feel for you. I'm lucky that my cars are a long time paid for. But I can relate to the jobless scenario.... I was there for 6 months after we stopped raising chicken in '08. I finally took a job with Walmart, and was glad to have it. The area around me here is pretty depressed economically, and my new rate of pay is about 1/2 of what I was making before. But I DO have a full time job and benefits, and for that I am thankful.

I'm in the same boat somewhat though as I am trying to get my '01 Dodge 2500 paid off before diesel fuel takes off again in price. It should pay off in June and that will be a lot less pressure financially.

I hope you are able to find a good buyer for your car; the market is there for folks looking for a nice GTA. You just have to get yours in front of them; that's the key. Best of luck with your sale.

gorin002.... please refrain from political statements/comments in the future. I understand the language barriers, but please try to be more respectful and courteous to other members in the future.
ho stop
i wil not make anny politicial remark and i appoldges
if you read it careful i never did t repect other members
i don t repect other member i am not guilty i do !!
Old 03-14-2010   #11
RazorRC

update: I haven't been able to sell my baby yet.
I've decided to lower the price. Now I'm asking at least $6,000 OBO
I have also added new pictures to my photo album, including new interior picture shots for your viewing pleasure...
Thank you
Old 08-08-2010   #12
greenmonster91

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRC View Post
update: I haven't been able to sell my baby yet.
I've decided to lower the price. Now I'm asking at least $6,000 OBO
I have also added new pictures to my photo album, including new interior picture shots for your viewing pleasure...
Thank you
have you sold your car yet let me know i my know a guy 973 715 4912 or my self gota see the car thanks
greenmonster91 is offline   Reply With Quote