Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA NON-TECH

GTA NON-TECH Got a question about non-mechanical items related to your GTA.... whatever they may be? Then post it HERE!

Old 10-01-2007   #1
87bucketgta
BACKDOOR STRANGER

Emblems

Hey has anyone used www.gtaemblems.com to get emblems?? I see then and carmotorsports or the 2 lowest prices around. I see there not in the U.S. I was just wondering if anyone knew what was up with them.
87bucketgta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007   #2
GTA50

Re: Emblems

Hey Bucket:

We seem to be following a lot of the same suppliers in getting these cars fixed up Anyway, I bought a set of emblems from www.gtaemblems and was very impressed. They are out of Australia and are part of PontiacWorld I believe. Anyway, shipping was rapid, the instructions on placement are excellent and all in all I would definitely use them again if I had to.

Best regards,

Gary.
GTA50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #3
gtayumiko
GTA Member

The only issue that I ever seen from them is that the nose emblem/badge does not have the exact curved shape to it for it to be a perfect fit to the curved nose. I was at a wrecking yard a few years ago that had for sale the ones from the guy in Australia. I brought one of my spare new ones and I compared the two of them by placing my GM new one next to the one from Australia. The one from Australia was a bit more flatter in shape then my new GM one. I did this because I was thinking of purchasing a set for my car to have them on it and keep the new GM ones in their boxes in my closet. This was just my observation. And then a short time later, someone on this site had purchased a set of them and posted to us that the shape of the nose emblem was just off a little bit, but enough to be noticable. We posted on this site the recommendation for him to use extra thick layer of double sided tape to "fill in the gap" a little bit.

But keep in your mind that this was a few years ago. Perhaps the guy who makes these has fixed that flaw. Yumiko
Old 10-02-2007   #4
87bucketgta
BACKDOOR STRANGER

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA50
Hey Bucket:

We seem to be following a lot of the same suppliers in getting these cars fixed up Anyway, I bought a set of emblems from www.gtaemblems and was very impressed. They are out of Australia and are part of PontiacWorld I believe. Anyway, shipping was rapid, the instructions on placement are excellent and all in all I would definitely use them again if I had to.

Best regards,

Gary.
Hey Gary, yea u know my pain, car has really came along way, I finally have the interior looking perfect, that leathermagic place was great, the color was awsome. Had to replace my intake gasgets and soforth, car runs really good now. I have just alittle leaking from the rear main seal which is kind common for that motor being 20 years old now. LOL The only major problem im having on it now is the back brakes. When I got the car the brake light stayed on and didnt feel like it had back brakes, so my guy put on a new master cylinder didnt really seem to help, my guy said its a little better but not good and still got a brake light, hes thinking might have some air in the lines, he bleeding them today, so keep your fingers crossed for me. Hows yours coming??
87bucketgta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #5
GTA50

Hope you can post some pics of your car soon. For me, I have to do my master cylinder too!! I've got the emblems on, the aerowing (just need to paint it), replaced the front tires and I love the floor mats and hood insulator from CarMotorSports - they really do finish off the car. The rest is basically cosmetic - I've bought a lot of interior parts off e-bay.

The engine is tight, the clutch and transmission are in excellent condition. The only thing to go into the drive train is the 1LE aluminum driveshaft.
Old 10-03-2007   #6
strc09
Displaced Texan living in NC

GTA Year: 1988
GTA Engine: Custom

If that's true about the gap then it's going to suck because I was looking into getting a new set of those for my car.

GTA: Grand Turismo Americano (Grand Touring America)
1 of 930 1988 Gunmetal Metallic GTAs produced (RPO 87U)
Built by Zeus Performance and tuned by Alvin from PCM4Less
Check out my website: Night Vision GraFX
strc09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007   #7
GTA50

When I first bought my GTA, there were no emblems on it - except the gold bird between the tail-lights and one fender badge. I ordered the ones from www.gtaemblems.com and noticed that theirs were perhaps a little flatter. Anyway, I'll take some pictures of the nose badge in particular tomorrow (tonight is a "Dark and Stormy Night) and you can be the judge. To me it looks great, but then again, I haven't had the advantage of seeing the factory original.

Gary.
Old 10-04-2007   #8
GTA50

Arrow Re: Emblems

So, as promised, here are the pictures of the nose emblem from www.gtaemblems.com.

Best regards,

Gary.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0800.JPG (31.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0798.JPG (28.8 KB, 15 views)