Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA NON-TECH

GTA NON-TECH Got a question about non-mechanical items related to your GTA.... whatever they may be? Then post it HERE!

Old 02-27-2002   #1
chris89gta1
GTA Member

Steering Wheel Questions

I need to know where to find a new steering wheel also. Mine has deteriorated. It is leather wrapped, and has steering wheel controls for the stereo. Please help, i don't want to pay $400 for a new one from Pontiac, and i want one that matches the GTA originally. Please tell me other model cars that have those so I can restore my interior.
chris89gta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002   #2
Ozzy88GTA
Old Timer

GTA Year: 1988
GTA Engine: 305 TPI Automatic
How bad is it? I had some cracks on the top section of mine and was able to fix it. I used some sand paper to smoth it out. Working from coarse to fine. Then used some liquid self-shining shoe polish (Kiwi). I then treated the whole thing with some leather cleaner/conditioner. It looks great now.
For those out there who still have nice steering wheels I would suggest to take the time to use some conditioner on the leather to keep it from drying out. It will preserve what you have and make it last.

Later,
Ozzy
Ozzy88GTA is offline   Reply With Quote