Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA CLASSIFIEDS > GTA PARTS WANTED

GTA PARTS WANTED Looking for just the right part(s) out there to restore your GTA to its former glory? Whatever you need to find.... post your listing HERE!

Old 04-16-2018   #1
Fourthkid

Help Me Please 87 - 89 Trans Am /GTA NOS Spoiler

Looking to acquire a NOS 87 -89 Trans AM /GTA spoiler. Know that this forums members know people who know people. Maybe you have one stashed away.
Spoiler must not have cracks or be warped. Will not go fiberglass.
Willing to work on a deal or barter(such as digital dash parts) if can make happen soon.
Fourthkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018   #2
JonBlake
Hopefully soon to be restored Third Gen owner.

Re: 87 - 89 Trans Am /GTA NOS Spoiler

Good luck. From all I've read on this forum and the third gen forum, it's hard to find an original one in pristine condition. Apparently these had a design flaw or something which caused them to go bad fast.
JonBlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018   #3
MunsonGTA
Bad luck or no luck

GTA Year: 1987
GTA Engine: Custom

Good luck finding one of those. Even if you did, it would cost a ton of money.
87 GTA: Forged 408 LSX short block, TEA stage 2 cnc ported 243 heads, BTR Stage 3 stroker cam, Fast 102 intake, NW 102 TB, Longtube headers, custom 411 ECM, custom harness, custom tuned, Performabuilt stage 2 4l60E with PTC 2800 stall, 9 bolt rear with 3.70 gears and TAP girdle.

11.16 at 123 mph.
MunsonGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018   #4
JonBlake

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunsonGTA View Post
Good luck finding one of those. Even if you did, it would cost a ton of money.
How much is "a ton of money"? I've seen the fiberglass units on-line which cost roughly $350 - $400. Since the originals have the defect, why would anyone not rather get the fiberglass unit and call it good? That's what I'd do if it were me, anyways.
Old 04-25-2018   #5
Fourthkid

Not looking to install a fiberglass unit because they have their own set of problems, such as difficult attachment points and lack of precise fit. I have read forum entries where fiberglass units have had to be significantly reworked in order to fit correctly.
Fourthkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018   #6
JonBlake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourthkid View Post
Not looking to install a fiberglass unit because they have their own set of problems, such as difficult attachment points and lack of precise fit. I have read forum entries where fiberglass units have had to be significantly reworked in order to fit correctly.
That very well could be, however, pretty much everything in life is like that. In all my hobbies, projects, work, etc. nothing went without a hitch. But in this application, once you've rework it to fit correctly, it's a done deal for good. The fiberglass units, as various owners with first hand experience have said on this forum and the third gen forum, won't rot out like the stock units always at some point do.

I'd just get the fiberglass unit, bite the bullet on massaging it into place correctly, and call it good. That's just my 2 cents though. Good luck. I'd be happier then a pig in slop just to have a GTA that I could put a spoiler on.

Last edited by JonBlake; 04-26-2018 at 12:07 PM.