Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA TECH

GTA TECH Want to discuss technical topics about your GTA.... engine tuning, mechanical upgrades, problem areas, etc.? Then post it HERE!

Old 11-03-2009   #1
WickdEye
WickdEye

GTA Year: 1988
GTA Engine: 350 TPI Automatic
Help Me Please What is this part guys????

Hey guys i recently put in a NOS 3-piece Air Dam on my 88 GTA which solved all my overheating problems more than I thought the new Air Dam fit perfectly all screw holes matched the holes on the frame perfectly!!! Now I had these two parts where the air dam installs which are: There is a piece which is 3 1/2inches wide and almost 6 feet long and curves back towards both front tires as u can see from the first pic!!! The second pic is the front top of this part. It did fit into two of the mounting holes where the air dam should go but none of the other holes matched up and I tried diffent positions to see if it belong there so I dont know what this part is used for or if its for a GTA and the sides of the part that curves back towards the two front tires were hanging by metal wire to the fender GFXs which are partially broken/missing The second piece which is the 3rd pic is 3inches wide and 36inches long wit four square holes with metal retaing clips in the squre holes and this piece was screwed into the bottom of the first part i guess to create a Air Dam which worked awful always had overheating problems!! The squre holes in this piece where hanging down toward the road they screwed the other side into the first piece!!! so can u guys help no part numbers i could see if u need more closeup pics let me know!! Help guys all pieces are ABS plastic also!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 107.jpg (606.5 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 108.jpg (688.9 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 114.jpg (671.9 KB, 21 views)

1988 Pontiac Trans Am GTA
Simon
5.7 V8 350 TPI
Auto 700R4
9 Bolt Borg Warner
Royal Purple Oils ONLY!!
WickdEye is offline   Reply With Quote