Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA TECH

GTA TECH Want to discuss technical topics about your GTA.... engine tuning, mechanical upgrades, problem areas, etc.? Then post it HERE!

Old 11-27-2000   #1
REMOVED USER

steering wheel controls

hey, does anyone know if its possible to hook up the steering wheel controlls with a new stereo other than the stock one? if so, does anyone know if its a specific brand name or type?
Old 11-27-2000   #2
REMOVED USER

GTA Radio Swap

Yes this issue was discussed in detail. Consult the post entitled "Radio for 88GTA" on the GTA Non Tech Forum. There are several other radio related posts if you decided to replace it with a stock GM cassette radio though I expect you may want to go to a CD player and that posts discusses that. You will find these message boards contain a wealth of information on our cars. Collectively there must be a couple hundred years of GTA experience represented on these boards.
Old 12-03-2000   #3
REMOVED USER

Re: steering wheel controls

there is a company on the web at www.soundgate.com that say they will have a harness hat will work with almost all after market stereos and your steering wheel controls by the first 1/4 of 2001.
Old 05-15-2002   #4
tommydodso
GTA OWNER

Cool ADAPTER

EASY CHECK OUT MY THREAD ON PAC ADAPTER IN THE TECH SECTION.
TOMMY