Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > NON-GTA SPECIFIC > GENERAL DISCUSSION (NON-GTA)

GENERAL DISCUSSION (NON-GTA) Use this forum to discuss topics of a more general nature.... it can be auto-related on not. Your choice. But above all, please be adult and responsible in your postings.

Old 01-01-2012   #1
YumikoGTA
Original and Current GTA owner

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone!

I was thinking to get out my GTA for a nice drive today since it is so beautiful out right now. No wind at all, not even a breaze, the sun is shinning, not even the smallest cloud in the sky. The roads are all completely dry and the temperature is about 60 degrees. Perfect conditions to drive my GTA! But we are going to the malls today to do the exchanges and returns. I think that is fine that we do this, Sarah loves to go to the malls too. She is starting to be like me for this reason. If Bebe, Aldo, NineWest, Express and Abercrombie & Fitch are still around when she gets older and she likes to shop there, yes...she will be just like me.

Anyways, Happy New Year! I hope that it will be a better year than the previous few. It should be interesting this year in the US because of the elections coming.

Yumiko

Last edited by YumikoGTA; 01-01-2012 at 02:16 PM.
YumikoGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #2
YumikoGTA
Original and Current GTA owner

Re: Happy New Year

We got back to home about 6pm tonight after doing all the stuff at the malls. So my husband asked me if I want to take out my GTA for a drive and I said ok. So he took out my GTA for about an hour while I was home with Sarah giving her a bath and getting her ready to go to sleep. She was really tired I am sure because of her mood. My husband will usually take out my GTA and check everything like air in all of the tires, fluid levels and then drive it on the freeway to make sure that everything is ok before I drive it, which is nice so I do not have to worry about doing it. So he came back and stayed home with Sarah while I drove my GTA for about an hour and a half. It really ran so well. It always makes me in a quiet mood while I am driving it. I did not even have the stereo on at all during the entire drive. I just like to listen to the engine while I am on the highway. I drove to my first apartment in San Francisco that I had moved into on New Years day of 1992. It did not seem at all like anything has changed in those twenty years that have gone by. Amazing how that can be like that. When I returned back to home, my husband was in the living room building up this piece of furniture that we bought for our house. Now I think I know why he asked me if I wanted to take my GTA for a drive tonight. He prefers that I am not around while he is working on things like that around the house.

Yumiko

Last edited by YumikoGTA; 01-02-2012 at 12:26 AM.
YumikoGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #3
FearThisGTA
"The only thing to fear is.............fear itself"

GTA Year: 1991
GTA Engine: 350 TPI Automatic

Happy New Year to everyone as well!

Cliff Jones
1991 GTA Trans Am
w/305,231 miles
on the original motor!!!!
Time of Death on motor, 4:07pm on 05/29/2010.
Hp:211.2@4200rpms/Tq.328.5@2700rpms
Best et: 13.959@97.05mph
Best mph: 98.3
Best 60' : 1.875 on BFG Comp TA's w/ 32 lbs of air in them
FearThisGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #4
Fred91GTA
"Firehawk" GTA owner

Happy New Year!

I was changing the spark plugs on my car when it turned midnight. I think I realized that it was 2012 when I heard people cheering and fireworks going off from my garage.

1991 Trans Am GTA... Hopefully again
Fred91GTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012   #5
akanitro
Finally Found It. After a year of looking. The GTA is Mine.

Happy New Years a little belated. May 2012 be prosperous for all of us.
akanitro is offline   Reply With Quote