Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA TECH

GTA TECH Want to discuss technical topics about your GTA.... engine tuning, mechanical upgrades, problem areas, etc.? Then post it HERE!

Old 03-30-2003   #1
88blackbeauty

Question Oil Pressure gage on digital dash problem

I have an 88 black gta. My whole digital dash works great except fot the oil pressure. I checked the pressure with a mechanical gage from two areas on the engine. One was the by the the oil filter and the other was behind the intake, by the distributor, and I'm getting great oil pressure even at the hottest temperature. If your idea is a new sending unit, is there a difference between a regular trans am's sending unit and a gta's(with digital dash) sending unit? Anything you have to offer is great thanks to all who answer.
88blackbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003   #2
Red88GTA
GTA Member

No oil pressure, low oil pressure?? Either way, is the wire hooked up to the sender by the distributor good?

Someone jump in here. If he takes that wire to the sending unit and grounds it, will that mean 60 lbs or 0lbs on the gauge? Good way to check to see if it's the sending unit or not.

As far as I know, you just need a 60 lb sending unit. I looked at www.advance-auto.com and didn't see any distinguish between the dashes. I bought one myself a while back.

Pat

1988 Bright Red GTA, digital dash, Grey Cloth, L98
Red88GTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003   #3
JeremyT
Notchback Collector

GTA Year: 1988
GTA Engine: 350 TPI Automatic
Re: Oil Pressure gage on digital dash problem

Quote:
Originally posted by 88blackbeauty
If your idea is a new sending unit, is there a difference between a regular trans am's sending unit and a gta's(with digital dash) sending unit?
You may already know this, and i may be misunderstanding you, but the Trans Ams can have the same digital dash as well. My '88 Trans Am had the same digital dash as my GTA notchback does.
JeremyT is offline   Reply With Quote