Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA CLASSIFIEDS > GTA ONLINE FOR SALE ADS

GTA ONLINE FOR SALE ADS Use this forum to "discuss" GTAs that are advertised for sale online at various used car sites.... eBay, AutoTrader, etc.

Old 05-24-2010   #1
GTAs_RULE

87 GTA Black On Black Paddle Mirrors

Here's a cool 87 GTA Black on Black Paddle Mirrors. Price is ridiculous. http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...734566876.html

I know it has been stated that only 50 cars with paddle mirrors were made but it has to be more. I know of 9 87 GTA's for sale right now with paddle mirrors. All of which have less then 50K miles. Plus all the owners here that have a 87 with Paddle mirrors not for sale. My friend in high school had rich parents he had a new 87 GTA with paddle mirrors which he totaled.
GTAs_RULE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010   #2
GTAs_RULE

Re: 87 GTA Black On Black Paddle Mirrors

This must be another Canada GTA. 87 350 with T tops.
Old 05-24-2010   #3
Wes

You must have great eyesight because I have looked at that ad a few times and never noticed the paddle mirrors. Still cant make them out completely.
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010   #4
GTAs_RULE

Yes when it comes to GTA's I have an Eagle I. First Pic from Rear you can tell passenger side mirror is a square paddle mirror not round. Here's another 87 Paddle mirror for sale in FL.
87 GTA paddle mirrors everywhere. http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/col/cto/1725144715.html
Old 05-24-2010   #5
BigBadGTA
Vegas Cruiser

GTA Year: 1988
GTA Engine: 350 TPI Automatic

I would say that's a $10K car, no where near 18. To be honest I would have a hard time paying 18K for anything other than a TTA even if it had 2 miles on it.

1988 GTA, 5.7L 350TPI

Visit My Cardomain! LINK
BigBadGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010   #6
BigBadGTA
Vegas Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAs_RULE View Post
Yes when it comes to GTA's I have an Eagle I. First Pic from Rear you can tell passenger side mirror is a square paddle mirror not round. Here's another 87 Paddle mirror for sale in FL.
87 GTA paddle mirrors everywhere. http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/col/cto/1725144715.html
That one in the link isn't worth what hes asking either. Unless its under 40K miles without the spoiler, Id say its worth about 6.

1988 GTA, 5.7L 350TPI

Visit My Cardomain! LINK
BigBadGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010   #7
GTAs_RULE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadGTA View Post
That one in the link isn't worth what hes asking either. Unless its under 40K miles without the spoiler, Id say its worth about 6.

Yeah guessing it cracked like all the rest and he took the rear spoiler off. Doesn't look good without.
Old 05-25-2010   #8
FrankieRider2
Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAs_RULE View Post
I believe that would be Eagle EYE.... Wes, I do discern some square shape in the rear RH 3/4 shot, but it may be just me.

Now....

It has never been definitively stated that only 50 1987 GTAs.... or 200...or any other number were built with the DD9 mirrors. We don't even know the absolute definite cut-off date, either. The Pontiac CDB simply states that with production of approximately January 26, 1987 the mirrors would be replaced with the regular Firebird DG7 mirrors.

In fact, either one of those production totals seem suspect to me; with production starting in the early fall of 1986, one would think that many more than 200 GTAs would have been built since the car was the new highlight for the Trans Am line that year.

But we will probably not ever know the true story... or the correct total, without accessing all the 1987 GTA invoices. If anybody here knows anyone who has that kind of pull within GM, please let me know.

FrankieRider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010   #9
madman3

I talked to the owner, a very nice lady who worked at the dealership this car was traded in at. Story is, the T-Tops were added by C&C after it was built. So it's not really a true factory t-top gta...although having te digital dash and 32k miles makes it so damn desireable.
madman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010   #10
Wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by madman3 View Post
I talked to the owner, a very nice lady who worked at the dealership this car was traded in at. Story is, the T-Tops were added by C&C after it was built. So it's not really a true factory t-top gta...although having te digital dash and 32k miles makes it so damn desireable.
It wasn't worth that kind of money before we found out it has C&C tops. Now, I would say she should drop the price by half.
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010   #11
GTA88
Gary

I was gonna have t's put in mine but I didnt want the hassles of the leaks and stuff.
GTA88 is offline   Reply With Quote