Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA DOCUMENTATION/RESEARCH

GTA DOCUMENTATION/RESEARCH Want to ask about your GTA's documentation, build codes, or other historical data? Then post it HERE!

Old 03-06-2002   #1
GTA350tpi
GTA Member

Talking RPO sticker

When i bought my car it didnt have a RPO sticker. I was just wondering if i could get this replaced based on my vin number. I want to know if i have the ws-6 and other options.
GTA350tpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002   #2
OkadaKimC
B-Body Member

The SPI (Specific Product Information) sticker should be in the inside of the center console lid and a copy of it on the inside of the rear hatch.

GTA's do have the WS6, they are considered "loaded" option vehicles. They only had a few options as listed in couple other threads here in this forum.

What you really want to look for is Y84 so that you know that you have the GTA and not a "dressed" Firebird. The serial number decode alone will just say you have Trans Am. So you would need the SPI to confirm.

As far as a copy, I don't have the specifics, but I have seen in other forums and what not of reprints being obtained.
OkadaKimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002   #3
91GTA383
GTA Member

I have heard that you could take your vin to the dealer and they can run one for you. However, I have also heard that they can only go back to 90.
91GTA383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002   #4
OkadaKimC
B-Body Member

Try the dealers body shop. On the SPI is the color codes for exterior and interior.
OkadaKimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002   #5
GTA350tpi
GTA Member

Cool

where in the hatch? By the spare tire?
Old 03-11-2002   #6
91GTA383
GTA Member

In the storage compartment opposite side of the spare or glove box. Chances are that if you have the 350 it has WS-6. I think they had to go together.
91GTA383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002   #7
GTA350tpi
GTA Member

Unhappy

nothing there either. Im starting to wonder if this is a clone. But it has all the options that a gta comes with.