Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA TECH

GTA TECH Want to discuss technical topics about your GTA.... engine tuning, mechanical upgrades, problem areas, etc.? Then post it HERE!

Old 05-26-2002   #1
Gaillen
GTA Member

Question About the hatch.

Okay, got my new hatch motor in and working, but now I've noticed that the whole hatch itself seems to be about a 1/4 inch too far to the rear of the car. I know my car's been in an accident before, and I'm thinking that it wasn't quiet put together perfectly. I know the hinges are inside the car, under the headliner, right? But my question is do I have to remove the hatch motor in order to slide the whole thing forward? or am I going to want the hatch open when I move it? open would seem like a pain to me, but any advice would be much appreciated.

Gaillen

87 GTA, Paddle mirrors, half way to full customization.
Gaillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002   #2
intake68
GTA Member

...very easy to do....just remove plastic interior trim piece right below the hinges to gain access to the nuts. As for your hatch motor, just place something across your hatch motor like a small piece of plywood, a 2X4, ect to keep latch on your hatchback form going into your hatch motor. You should allign with the hatch down, but not only will you want to watch for allignment on the back of the hatch but also from lateral or side allignment. If you get your hatch over too far your aerowing can rub on your 1/4 very easily.Hope this helps!
intake68 is offline   Reply With Quote