Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA CLASSIFIEDS > GTA ONLINE FOR SALE ADS

GTA ONLINE FOR SALE ADS Use this forum to "discuss" GTAs that are advertised for sale online at various used car sites.... eBay, AutoTrader, etc.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1
JonBlake
Hopefully soon to be restored Third Gen owner.

Here's a great resto job

This was really done up nice. Only issue I have is the person states that they reset the odometer back to 0. Will that turn out to be an issue when it's retitled since it had at some point in it's history over a 100K miles on it at an early point? Fantastic resto job though.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-Pontia...3:pf:0&vxp=mtr
JonBlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #2
GTABill

Re: Here's a great resto job

Oh boy, where do I start.........

For a "complete" restoration you would have thought the following had been done..........

Correct color interior
Front and rear bumpers aren't the same color white as the body.
Find an actual factory radio (unless its a U1A CD player)
At least put the P-O-N-T-I-A-C decal on the taillights if they couldn't source a set with the script still on it.
Proper GTA center caps
I'm even thinking the map pocket isn't correct either

The engine bay and undercarriage really look good. Hopefully its not covering up a 184K mile issue. Turning back the odo is going to throw flags up on places like Auto check, Carfax, and the DMV(at least here in MO it will). Overall its a very nice example.

1991 Bright Red GTA...1st place Light Modified Class 2009 & 2014 TA Nationals
41,xxx original miles as of 4/18
GTABill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #3
JonBlake

Wow Bill. I had no idea there were this many discrepancies with this one. You're one hell of an ace when it comes to verification of these birds. The engine and underside caught my undivided attention for sure. The only "issue" I have with it is the rolling back of the clock.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #4
GTABill

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBlake View Post
Wow Bill. I had no idea there were this many discrepancies with this one. You're one hell of an ace when it comes to verification of these birds. The engine and underside caught my undivided attention for sure. The only "issue" I have with it is the rolling back of the clock.

Well when you own an 98% original example 91, had it for 21 years, and you've got the great resources here on the sourcepage at your disposal, you learn to know what to look for. I bought mine in 1998 with just under 12k miles, it was a one owner and was all original at that time. The only thing I've done to mine is add headers, a Flowmaster 80 series muffler, underdrive pulleys, Jegs plug wires, and new injectors. Paint is still original and I put the windshield banner on it and the bird on the hatch glass. I still have the original hoses on it and kept the original manifolds, plug wires, and pulleys just in case......

Proper original taillight script. On other 91s, this is either been polished out or been replaced with the decal they have out. Very few still have the original script.

Correct center caps

This isn't the greatest pic because the wife's camera took it dark and I had to adjust the color. This was the last time it was out. Took first in the 1990-1999 class........stock and custom.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #5
JonBlake

You got an awesome bird there, Bill. Thanks for posting up those pix of that gorgeous GTA of yours. Sweeeeet!

BTW - I didn't know about the "PONTIAC" on the rear light assemblies of these birds. Was that the only year (91') that they were on there like that?
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #6
DynoDave

Quote:
BTW - I didn't know about the "PONTIAC" on the rear light assemblies of these birds. Was that the only year (91') that they were on there like that?
Is that pained on the outside? Is that why they tend to wear off?

For what it's worth, I think it's still great looking car...very clean. May need a few fixes to be 100% perfect, but I wouldn't kick this one out of bed.
POCI #72200
DynoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #7
GTABill

Quote:
You got an awesome bird there, Bill. Thanks for posting up those pix of that gorgeous GTA of yours. Sweeeeet!

Thanks!! I've heard it was just a 91 thing and heard it was for 91 and 92. Ive only seen them on the 91s.

Dave, the term I have heard used regarding the lettering is that it was "silk screened"? Whatever the case I make sure I wipe and dry that area very gently so it doesnt come off.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #8
Roadrunner
87 GTA 305 Auto

On the door panels between the cloth & vinyl, is that black stripe correct?
Roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #9
DynoDave

Good question Roadrunner. Most GTA's have that newer style moulded and contoured panel. What's shown is is more of a std. panel, like my T/A has. But I've seen it go both ways, and have no idea if there's a way to determine what's "right" for a given car. Maybe they went back to this more std. panel for 91/92?
POCI #72200
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #10
GTABill

The door panels are correct. I think 91 might have been the first to offer cup holders in the door

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #11
DynoDave

I believe that is correct...the added cup holders on that style panel are a '91/'92 thing.
POCI #72200