Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA TECH

GTA TECH Want to discuss technical topics about your GTA.... engine tuning, mechanical upgrades, problem areas, etc.? Then post it HERE!

Old 08-13-2000   #1
REMOVED USER

Subframe Connectors

Has anyone installed these without running into trouble. If so which ones should I buy? Also how much is it to weld these in? Thanks.
Old 08-14-2000   #2
REMOVED USER

Re: Subframe Connectors

I have installed South Side Machine Sub-frame connectors on my 88 GTA. They are heavy duty well made units which come with clear instructions. I shipped them to Australia from Summit. I found them very easy to fit, they bolt up to the rear lower control arm bolt which holds them in position for welding (hold the front in position with a small jack). I'm not a welder so I got a friend of mine who is to do it. Before welding it was important to completely grind away all the paint/coatings for the welding spots, particualrly along the rocker panel seam. Overall a very straightforward task and well worth the effort as chassis flex is greatly improved.