Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > GTA SPECIFIC > GTA TECH

GTA TECH Want to discuss technical topics about your GTA.... engine tuning, mechanical upgrades, problem areas, etc.? Then post it HERE!

Old 03-15-2001   #1
REMOVED USER

Tire size

I do not have the stock 16" rims but have after market
15 x 7" Eagle wheels. I do not know the offset. I am looking at BFGoodrich radial TA's P245/60/R15. The tire is roughly 26.6 tall and 9.8 wide. Will this tire fit my 89 GTA? Will I need to go to a smaller tire? Any other ideas?Thanks,
Richard
Old 03-15-2001   #2
REMOVED USER

tire

I wouldnt recomend that tire size, go with a 245/50/15 if you go with a 245/60 it will make the car wobly around corners , trust me, i put those on my car for winter and i cant stand it because it just dosnt handle for anything, it has to much sway to it
Old 03-16-2001   #3
REMOVED USER

Re: Tire size

The 245/50 will work and also look great ! I think I had them on my '85 w/welds but not sure it's been awhile :-( also when I purchased the GTA they were on it for a short time :-) you can see pics at www.geocities.com/haunted...0/GTA.html .........good luck !
Old 03-18-2001   #4
REMOVED USER

Re: Tire size

Thanks for the input but who makes a P245/50/R15? I have found P265/50/R15. The diameter at 25.5" is right but 10.8" section width on a 8.5" sounds a little wide. (7.5 to 9.5" factory recomended). I have checked BFGoodrich and Goodyear, did I miss something? Slot car cornering is not nessesary but I would like to avoid fender rubbing. Thanks,
Richard
Old 03-19-2001   #5
REMOVED USER

tire

Dunlop makes one for 119.00 and Bf GoodRich alos makes one for 100.00
if you go to www.tirerack.com and search by tire size, they will come up with a listing...
Old 03-20-2001   #6
REMOVED USER

Re: tire

Thanks for the tire web site, lots of information.