Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > NON-GTA SPECIFIC > GENERAL DISCUSSION (NON-GTA)

GENERAL DISCUSSION (NON-GTA) Use this forum to discuss topics of a more general nature.... it can be auto-related on not. Your choice. But above all, please be adult and responsible in your postings.

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2010   #1
budfreak1
stang stumper

GTA Year: 1991
GTA Engine: 350 TPI Automatic
Thumbs down my sale thread gone wrong on TGO

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/en...high-flow.html

What is wrong with people today? Why are we surrounded by so many douchebags with nothing better to do than screw with people and hide behind a keyboard??

My Cardomain
1991 GTA L98 SuperRam- 13.5@98.7 MPH
1987 GTA L98: Flame Red(R.I.P.)
Road Demon:1992 Subaru SVX- Worlds fastest street N/A auto SVX record holder
1997 Silverado 350: Daily ride
Old 07-20-2010   #2
Fred91GTA
"Firehawk" GTA owner

Re: my sale thread gone wrong on TGO

Mistake number 1 was you tried to sell something on TGO. I NEVER post anything for sale on there because of exactly that reason. The guy I bought my T-RAM from was flamed, maligned, criticized and low-balled to no end when he put his Brand new never used T-RAM up for sale. Considering his asking price was about the same as a brand new Accel Super Ram and his piece was a rarer piece of history, it was a fair price, but that didn't stop the usual TGO internet tough guys from chiming in.

I usually post stuff for sale on boards like this one or on the Corvette Forums. The C4 L98s are so similar to our L98s that they have no problems buying F-Body parts.

Though I do agree with other people letting others know about a better deal, he could've done it with more tact. The way he did it was immature and made you look like you were out to scam somebody. Even a nice PM with the link would've been a nice way of letting you know that the pump could be had for cheaper someplace else.

1991 Trans Am GTA... Hopefully again

Last edited by Fred91GTA; 07-20-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07-20-2010   #3
budfreak1
stang stumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred91GTA View Post
Mistake number 1 was you tried to sell something on TGO. I NEVER post anything for sale on there because of exactly that reason. The guy I bought my T-RAM from was flamed, maligned, criticized and low-balled to no end when he put his Brand new never used T-RAM up for sale. Considering his asking price was about the same as a brand new Accel Super Ram and his piece was a rarer piece of history, it was a fair price, but that didn't stop the usual TGO internet tough guys from chiming in.

I usually post stuff for sale on boards like this one or on the Corvette Forums. The C4 L98s are so similar to our L98s that they have no problems buying F-Body parts.

Though I do agree with other people letting others know about a better deal, he could've done it with more tact. The way he did it was immature and made you look like you were out to scam somebody. Even a nice PM with the link would've been a nice way of letting you know that the pump could be had for cheaper someplace else.
Yeah, it will definitely be the last thing I ever post on TGO for sale. From now on I will just ebay crap and hell with it.
I still say he had no right even posting up no matter what his intentions were. Like you said, a PM to me would have been nice.

My Cardomain
Old 07-20-2010   #4
Fred91GTA
"Firehawk" GTA owner

Why not just return the part to Summit? As long as you have the original parts and put the gaskets back and the pump was not used at all, they should take it back and you would take a small hit on the re-stocking fee.

Old 07-20-2010   #5
budfreak1
stang stumper

Quote:
Why not just return the part to Summit? As long as you have the original parts and put the gaskets back and the pump was not used at all, they should take it back and you would take a small hit on the re-stocking fee.
I'd also have to replace the pipe plug, and I can't seem to find one around here.

My Cardomain
Old 07-20-2010   #6
BigBadGTA
Vegas Cruiser

GTA Year: 1988

Yeah, I wouldnt bother selling anything on TGO either. I tried selling my original notchback lid off my car on there and I mostly got lowballs. I eventually did sell it to a local guy on there but it took a long long time. I noticed on TGO its mostley stupid kids, or older guys that think they own the place. I dont pay much attention to it anymore. A while back a mod made a thread telling saying how awesome these LED parking lamps were, and said they were just plug and play. I forked out the $20 something bucks for them put them in the car and they didn't work correctly so it was a big waste of money. He said he was just comparing and never said they worked correctly...

1988 GTA, 5.7L 350TPI

Visit My Cardomain! LINK
Old 07-20-2010   #7
JeremyT
Notchback Collector

I looked at the thread and I see that no one, including yourself, Reported any post in that thread. Although we have moderators like any other forum, just like any other community-based forum, we also rely on readers to Report inappropriate content or content that may violate our rules.

I must say, however, to call some "douchebags", as well as a few other comments, certainly does not help the situation and help your own case as someone's attitude and behavior in those situations are just important.

Just for clarification, BigBadGTA, Stephen is not a exactly a "mod". He was one of 5 who founded and started ThirdGen.org and because of that, he has a "TGO Co-Founder" title/status but he is not part of the staff and hasn't been for some time. He also posts and reads this forum as well.

As GTA Source Page and ThirdGen have a bit of a relationship, I really don't like seeing a thread like this as it's not good for either websites. Although I'm an Administrator on TGO, I know TGO is not perfect. However, to "attack" users on the other side is not something I think is good for either website.
Old 07-20-2010   #8
budfreak1
stang stumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyT View Post
I looked at the thread and I see that no one, including yourself, Reported any post in that thread. Although we have moderators like any other forum, just like any other community-based forum, we also rely on readers to Report inappropriate content or content that may violate our rules.

I must say, however, to call some "douchebags", as well as a few other comments, certainly does not help the situation and help your own case as someone's attitude and behavior in those situations are just important.
No, I haven't reported it yet but I will if he continues as I said in the thread. I have had about the most stressful 2 weeks of my life and I am not down for taking crap from some punk kid right now when all I'm trying to do is make some money on parts I don't need to help feed my family which is close to starving.
You couldn't possibly understand and I dont expect you to, I'm just putting my situation out there so people know why I'm so on edge right now.

My Cardomain
Old 07-20-2010   #9
Steveh4263
1987 Pontiac Trans AM GTA

GTA Year: 1987

Your thread got hi jacked by that guy with his low ball price. I don't care for TGO and I rarely if ever use the forums there.
Old 07-20-2010   #10
budfreak1
stang stumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveh4263 View Post
Your thread got hi jacked by that guy with his low ball price. I don't care for TGO and I rarely if ever use the forums there.
Agreed and I won't be posting anything for sale there again. I doubt I'll ever even post there again period and I'll probably just stick to the source page.

My Cardomain
Old 07-20-2010   #11
Fred91GTA
"Firehawk" GTA owner

Hey Bud, do you still have the sales receipt from Summit? If so, the re-stocking fee after 90 days is 10%. If you bought it over a year ago, it's 20%. If you do the math, even with a 20% restocking fee you get $64 back which is much more than the $30 you lowered the price to. If you do have it, let me know, I have a spare set of gaskets and the pipe plug from a stewart water pump I put into my GTA a couple of years ago. It's sitting around and not doing anything so if it can help you out it's yours. Just PM me your address and I'll send it out to you.

Old 07-20-2010   #12
budfreak1
stang stumper

Quote:
Hey Bud, do you still have the sales receipt from Summit? If so, the re-stocking fee after 90 days is 10%. If you bought it over a year ago, it's 20%. If you do the math, even with a 20% restocking fee you get $64 back which is much more than the $30 you lowered the price to. If you do have it, let me know, I have a spare set of gaskets and the pipe plug from a stewart water pump I put into my GTA a couple of years ago. It's sitting around and not doing anything so if it can help you out it's yours. Just PM me your address and I'll send it out to you.
Your awesome Fred, I will take them.
PM being sent.

My Cardomain
Old 07-21-2010   #13
FearThisGTA
"The only thing to fear is.............fear itself"

One more reason for me NOT to go to TGO.

Cliff Jones
1991 GTA Trans Am
w/305,231 miles
on the original motor!!!!
Time of Death on motor, 4:07pm on 05/29/2010.
Hp:211.2@4200rpms/Tq.328.5@2700rpms
Best et: 13.959@97.05mph
Best mph: 98.3
Best 60' : 1.875 on BFG Comp TA's w/ 32 lbs of air in them
Old 07-21-2010   #14
FrankieRider2
Site Administrator

I have to agree with Jeremy.... TGO is not the only place we need to display some "tact" in our postings. We need to exercise it here as well.

These forums are read by a lot of folks and I don't want anyone reading and thinking that we don't extend courtesy to those posters here and also at other websites. Over the past years, I have worked hard to make this website one that visitors could know they were visiting to count on a good, authoritative, and enjoyable online experience. Posts like this do not project that desire, and from now on will not be left on the forums. This one here will be locked from further postings. If you want to rant, do it by PM.... not here on the open forums.

I understand about the issues mentioned in the original posting and can understand the replies and responses too. Buying and selling online is dicey at best, and one has to take that into account. Sometimes a deal too good to be true is just exactly that. I've been burned as much as the next guy, and have had my share of good fortune as well.

As for TGO, well.... that site has been the pinnacle of 3rdGen sites from the get-go. If you dislike something about that website or any other, feel free to state it here.... calmly and without accusations and/or derogatory comments.

Thank you.

Closed Thread