Pontiac GTA Enhancement information and discussions with Technical DIY and performance tuning information for the hardcore Pontiac GTA Owners and Enthusiasts.
Forum | Register Now | Members | Search | How Do I... | Calendar

Go Back   The GTA Source Page Message Forums > NON-GTA SPECIFIC > GENERAL DISCUSSION (NON-GTA)

GENERAL DISCUSSION (NON-GTA) Use this forum to discuss topics of a more general nature.... it can be auto-related on not. Your choice. But above all, please be adult and responsible in your postings.

Old 02-03-2008   #1
kuulkatdadieo

Question How About Them Giants??

Man, what a game that was. I really wanted the Giants to win. Burress catching that TD ball at the end was simply amazing. I always root for the underdogs and they came through with a win.
Old 02-03-2008   #2
Fourthkid

Re: How About Them Giants??

Of course, everyone outside of the Metro NY area thought that the Patriots were Americas Team. Perhaps Brady should have concentrated more on football than on supermodels. To Patroit fans all I can say is ..too bad..so sad!
Fourthkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008   #3
FrankieRider2
Site Administrator

GTA Year: 1988
GTA Engine: 350 TPI Automatic

I was surprised, to be honest. I was hoping that the Patriots would be able to run the table.... if only to quit hearing about the '72 Dolphins for a change.

The Giant defense really put the hurt on NE most of the entire game, but they ran out of steam it looked like towards the end. Still, NY got the job done and pulled off quite an upset. I have to give credit where credit is due. Overall, it was a great game.

FrankieRider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008   #4
MunsonGTA
Bad luck or no luck

GTA Year: 1987
GTA Engine: Custom

sick of seeing the patriots win, glad the giants brought it home.
87 GTA: Forged 408 LSX short block, TEA stage 2 cnc ported 243 heads, BTR Stage 3 stroker cam, Fast 102 intake, NW 102 TB, Longtube headers, custom 411 ECM, custom harness, custom tuned, Performabuilt stage 2 4l60E with PTC 2800 stall, 9 bolt rear with 3.70 gears and TAP girdle.

11.16 at 123 mph.
MunsonGTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008   #5
TexasRaider
Loyal Reagan Foot Soldier

Rock On, New York! Thank you Big Apple!

The Reebok commerical hit it on the head!
Perfect!
WOO HOO! GO FINS! Undefeated ain't as easy as it looks, is it Tommy Boy?! Ha ha ha! Two years in a row the Yankee Doodles got Manning-handled!
The Perfect Season Remains! All Hail Shula!

Yeah, baby!

"I was surprised, to be honest. I was hoping that the Patriots would be able to run the table.... if only to quit hearing about the '72 Dolphins for a change."

Sorry, Frankie - you're a great guy but after Miami going 1-16 and watching a parade of idiots like Dave Wannstedt, Nick Saban and Cam Cameron ruin a once proud franchise, us Phinatics needed a shot in the arm! Frankly, After Dan the Man Marino retired in '99, the Undefeated Season is all we've got left!

And we got it for at least one more! Hoowah!

Last edited by TexasRaider; 02-04-2008 at 01:30 AM.
TexasRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008   #6
Wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieRider2
I was surprised, to be honest. I was hoping that the Patriots would be able to run the table.... if only to quit hearing about the '72 Dolphins for a change.

The Giant defense really put the hurt on NE most of the entire game, but they ran out of steam it looked like towards the end. Still, NY got the job done and pulled off quite an upset. I have to give credit where credit is due. Overall, it was a great game.
Yup, as Travolta said before the game. It was the best team against the hottest team.

....and the hottest team won.

Only proves how difficult it is in todays NFL to do what the Pats were trying to do. All it takes is one bounce or one circus catch.

There are 2 bi-products from last nights Giant vicyory for me

1. The Giants winning score put $1500 in my pocket

2. Mercury Morris and a few of those other old fish have another 12 months to embarrass themselves more than they already have. Geezus, you would think they they stormed Normandy.
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008   #7
Louvers

My brother in-law is a beyond obnoxious Patriots fan so I really enjoyed seeing him finally being put in his place ....

Although I didn't have a particular allegiance to either team ... I always go for the underdogs.

It was a very good game though!!!
Louvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008   #8
Wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louvers
My brother in-law is a beyond obnoxious Patriots fan so I really enjoyed seeing him finally being put in his place ....

Although I didn't have a particular allegiance to either team ... I always go for the underdogs.

It was a very good game though!!!
Dont worry Darrell, they will be back next year.
Old 02-04-2008   #9
MunsonGTA
Bad luck or no luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes
Dont worry Darrell, they will be back next year.
as long as the colts aren't plagued with injuries like this year, i think they'll have something to say about that. hell if my cleveland browns had a defense, we could probably beat the patriots.
87 GTA: Forged 408 LSX short block, TEA stage 2 cnc ported 243 heads, BTR Stage 3 stroker cam, Fast 102 intake, NW 102 TB, Longtube headers, custom 411 ECM, custom harness, custom tuned, Performabuilt stage 2 4l60E with PTC 2800 stall, 9 bolt rear with 3.70 gears and TAP girdle.

11.16 at 123 mph.
Old 02-04-2008   #10
Wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunsonGTA
as long as the colts aren't plagued with injuries like this year, i think they'll have something to say about that. hell if my cleveland browns had a defense, we could probably beat the patriots.
Now, now....Let's not get crazy
Old 02-04-2008   #11
TexasRaider

hell if my cleveland browns had a defense, we could probably beat the patriots

Oh, I couldnt' agree more....

The Patriots were a landmine waiting to blow up all season. They should have lost to Baltimore (a bogus flag with 45 seconds left gave them the game), they should have lost to Philadelphia (a stupid errant interception by AJ Feely gave that one away), they should have lost to the Giants in week 17 (I assume Coughlin gave the game away to save some plays in case he met the Pats again) and the Giants should have won by more than 3 points (Smith bobbled an easy pass deep in the red zone in the 2nd Quarter - no doubt the Giants would have scored something ).

My point is sure, the Patriots DID win those games, but by the greatest leaps of stupid dumb luck and 'assistance' by officials that I have ever seen. They are a great team, no doubt. But the idea they were perfect is laughable. You can 'IF' all day long, but in any other season in any other statistically normal situtation the Patsies lose at least 3 games.

In fact, I believe that Spygate (with the fresh alligations & Senator Specter's meddling) combined with the ludicrous garbage of "The Best Team Ever 19-0" is a huge part of why the Patty Cakes lost last night.

I truly believe that if they has lost just ONE game towards the end of the season, gotten just one buttkicking, it would have shaken the Panties to the effect they would have gotten their collective heads out of the clouds and would have stopped believing their own press about the being "Best Ever". What crap. I can pick at least 5 teams in NFL history that would have ripped them apart precisley because THOSE teams did what the Giants did last night, but even better - kill the QB and win with a nightmarishly effective defense:

1992 Dallas Cowboys
1989 San Francisco 49er's
1985 Chicago Bears
1979 Pittsburg Steelers
1973 Miami Dolphins (Not '72)
1961-1967 Green Bay Packers

Those teams were real dynasties. They CRUSHED thier competition! New England is no dynasty when they won 3 Super Bowls by a combined 9 points (and they shouldn't even have been in the first one in 2001 - Oakland got screwed. Tuck rule? Hah! Tuck ruled last night! 2 sacks!)

A dynasty in an era when 'taunting' is a penalty? Please, are you kidding? Brady could only succeed in an era when saying something mean is a 15 yard loss, much less playing in a truly brutally physically punishing league. Last night he finally got as close as a modern QB can come to having to play a retro tough NFL team - and look at the results.

Invincible? Hee hee, I love what the circus-catch-making and grammatically challenged David Tyree of the Giants said "We didn't treat them like no Greek myth or something."
Well said. Well, kind of.
The fact is, that is exactly how I think the Patriots saw themselves: Legends of the Fall, Greek Gods and Inevitable Kings of the NFL. Problem is, you actually have to win.
Like I said, the Pantomines are a great team, but they were never the greatest, not even close.

Quick Poll: How many New England Pansies fans TODAY would trade 2 or 3 regular season losses for a win last night?
Everyone of 'em. If they had lost a few, even maybe one, they would have probably won last night because the pressure would have been totally off. Undefeated is a hell of lot harder than it looks, Tommy. All the Patriobnoxious fans could have had 4 Championships now and Brady could be tied with Bradshaw and Montana with 4 rings, the most ever by a QB.
Instead, well they know what happened.

You 1972 Miami Dolphins haters may be sick of the "Undefeated Season" circus, but that is nothing compared to how sick the rest of all of us were of the pathetic "Belichick-Brady-Moss-Welker are the greatest ever" crap.

The greatest? The greatest melt down maybe...

All Hail Shula!
WOO HOO! '72 UNDEFEATED SEASON LIVES!
PERFECTVILLE, USA! POPULATION: 1

SEE IT HERE!
REEBOK'S 'PERFECTVILLE'

OK, I'm done. No more will be said out of respect for the dead.

Last edited by TexasRaider; 02-04-2008 at 04:24 PM.
Old 02-04-2008   #12
Wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRaider
hell if my cleveland browns had a defense, we could probably beat the patriots

Oh, I couldnt' agree more....

The Patriots were a landmine waiting to blow up all season.

WHAT!?! Their first win by less than 17 points wasnt until week 9 and that was when they beat Indy at home...you remember them right? The defending champs.Your 72 Dolphins played a weak schedule and won 6 games by 7 points or less including coming from behind in the 4th quarter and squeeking by Minnesota 16-14 in week 3. They won their 3 postseason games by a combined total of 17 points. They didnt exactly steamroll through the league.
The Pats went 16-0 playing a first place schedule.

They should have lost to Baltimore (a bogus flag with 45 seconds left gave them the game), they should have lost to Philadelphia (a stupid errant interception by AJ Feely gave that one away),

Oh, so now interceptions are not part of the game? What about fumbles? Turnovers? How about Philly lost because they had AJ Feely as their QB and, therefore, were not as good a team. Plain and simple.

they should have lost to the Giants in week 17 (I assume Coughlin gave the game away to save some plays in case he met the Pats again)

UGH! You have got to be kidding me, right? Do you even read this stuff before you post it?

and the Giants should have won by more than 3 points (Smith bobbled an easy pass deep in the red zone in the 2nd Quarter - no doubt the Giants would have scored something ).

So, incomplete passes are not part of the game now either?
"and if Brady had not overthrown 3 wide open receivers, the Patriots surely would have won".
There, we are even.

My point is sure, the Patriots DID win those games, but by the greatest leaps of stupid dumb luck and 'assistance' by officials that I have ever seen.

Geeezus. And I suppose the Dolphins were in complete control of all those games that they managed to squeak out a win.

They are a great team, no doubt. But the idea they were perfect is laughable. You can 'IF' all day long, but in any other season in any other statistically normal situtation the Patsies lose at least 3 games.

LOL....you just got done explaining why the Pats should have lost those games based on a bunch of IF's. Of course they were not perfect, they lost a game. If they had won that game, they would have been perfect in the same fashion that the Dolphins were perfect. They went an entire seaon without losing. That is the only reason the Dolphins are said to have had a perfect season, right?To make a claim to the contrary is ludicrous.

In fact, I believe that Spygate (with the fresh alligations & Senator Specter's meddling) combined with the ludicrous garbage of "The Best Team Ever 19-0" is a huge part of why the Patty Cakes lost last night.

I truly believe that if they has lost just ONE game towards the end of the season, gotten just one buttkicking, it would have shaken the Panties to the effect they would have gotten their collective heads out of the clouds and would have stopped believing their own press about the being "Best Ever". What crap. I can pick at least 5 teams in NFL history that would have ripped them apart precisley because THOSE teams did what the Giants did last night, but even better - kill the QB and win with a nightmarishly effective defense:

1992 Dallas Cowboys
1989 San Francisco 49er's
1985 Chicago Bears
1979 Pittsburg Steelers
1973 Miami Dolphins (Not '72)
1961-1967 Green Bay Packers

Well then how can you lather the rear ends of those precious 72 Dolphins as being the best team ever if they dont even make your own list?

Those teams were real dynasties. They CRUSHED thier competition! New England is no dynasty when they won 3 Super Bowls by a combined 9 points (and they shouldn't even have been in the first one in 2001 - Oakland got screwed. Tuck rule? Hah! Tuck ruled last night! 2 sacks!)

A dynasty in an era when 'taunting' is a penalty? Please, are you kidding? Brady could only succeed in an era when saying something mean is a 15 yard loss, much less playing in a truly brutally physically punishing league. Last night he finally got as close as a modern QB can come to having to play a retro tough NFL team - and look at the results.

Right. Next you will probably try to tell us that those 72 Dolphins would easily run the table if they were playing today against the bigger, stronger and faster NFL. And that's the assessment of todays game by players who have actually played the game not conjecture on the part of a fan blindly clinging to the last shreds of glory of a once proud franchise in a truly embarrassing fashion.

Invincible? Hee hee, I love what the circus-catch-making and grammatically challenged David Tyree of the Giants said "We didn't treat them like no Greek myth or something."
Well said. Well, kind of.
The fact is, that is exactly how I think the Patriots saw themselves: Legends of the Fall, Greek Gods and Inevitable Kings of the NFL.

and you have come to this conclusion how? Something the Patriots players actually said? I doubt it. Do actual facts ever enter into any of your rantings?

Problem is, you actually have to win.
Like I said, the Pantomines are a great team, but they were never the greatest, not even close.

Quick Poll: How many New England Pansies fans TODAY would trade 2 or 3 regular season losses for a win last night?
Everyone of 'em.If they had lost a few, even maybe one, they would have probably won last night because the pressure would have been totally off.

No kidding. Really?

Its a shame that you had to waste so much bandwidth before making a point that actually makes sense. Congrats.

Undefeated is a hell of lot harder than it looks, Tommy. All the Patriobnoxious fans could have had 4 Championships now and Brady could be tied with Bradshaw and Montana with 4 rings, the most ever by a QB.
Instead, well they know what happened.

Yup, and there is always next year. Something Dolphins fans have been hanging their hats on for decades. Except now they arent looking forward to next year...they have to look forward to next decade before they get a sniff again.

You 1972 Miami Dolphins haters may be sick of the "Undefeated Season" circus, but that is nothing compared to how sick the rest of all of us were of the pathetic "Belichick-Brady-Moss-Welker are the greatest ever" crap.

Of course, the difference here is that all that talk about the Patriots being the greatest ever came from the media and from people outside of the organization. In the case of the Dolphins, its the actual players running around sounding like punch drunk boxers. Mercury Morris is an embarassment who got routinely ridiculed every time someone put a microphone in front of him. Someone from the Dolphins organization should have told him to put down the 40 a long time ago.

The greatest? The greatest melt down maybe...

All Hail Shula!
WOO HOO! '72 UNDEFEATED SEASON LIVES!
PERFECTVILLE, USA! POPULATION: 1

SEE IT HERE!
REEBOK'S 'PERFECTVILLE'

OK, I'm done. No more will be said out of respect for the dead.

Last edited by Wes; 02-04-2008 at 05:47 PM.
Old 02-04-2008   #13
88GTAEd
And my money on my mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunsonGTA
hell if my cleveland browns had a defense, we could probably beat the patriots.
yeah! go cleveland!!! they had a pretty good year considering...

Last edited by 88GTAEd; 02-04-2008 at 08:32 PM.
88GTAEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008   #14
TexasRaider

Ranting? Moi?
WHAT!?! Their first win by less than 17 points wasnt until week 9 when they beat Indy at home...you remember them right? The defending champs.Your 72 Dolphins played a weak schedule and won 6 games by 7 points or less including coming from behind in the 4th quarter squeeking by Minnesota 16-14 in week 3. They won 3 postseason games by a total of 17 points. They didnt exactly steamroll through the league. The Pats went 16-0 playing a first place schedule.

The Patriots, by any measure, squeaked by 3 games they probably should have lost. If they were so great, why were so many people thinking the Jags or Chargers could beat 'em? Because the Patriots were totally beatable. Was Miami lucky? Sure. So was New England. Remember, Miami had been in SBVI, so they also had a hard schedule but went 14-0 regular season in an era with absurdley limited pprotective equipment and (compared to today) drastically reduced medical treatment in a more violent league. The difference is Miami finished and the Pats failed.

Oh, so interceptions are not part of the game? What about fumbles? Turnovers? How about Philly lost because they had AJ Feely as their QB and, therefore, were not as good a team. Plain and simple.
Yeah, interceptions and such are part of the game, but are flags being thrown on nonexistent penalties with less than a minute in the red zone 'part of the game'? BS. That penalty gifted the Pats that game - the stripes decided the outcome not the Pats. Lucky, sure? But still, you have to finish and the Phins finished. The Pats failed.

UGH! You have got to be kidding me, right? Do you even read this stuff before you post it?
You don' t have to be a genius to know the Giants goal was the Super Bowl and they figured on seeing the Pats again. Why would they show everything? If that game had been for the Giants to GET INTO the playoffs, they would have won. Remember, it was essentially a meaningless game for them, too.

So, incomplete passes are not part of the game now either?
"and if Brady had not overthrown 3 wide open receivers, the Patriots surely would have won".

The Giants threatened more than the Pats did. It was a fluke one-in-a-million play that got intercepted and ended a scoring threat. If it was just incomplete, NY tries again or winds up with a least a field goal. Brady's overthrows was because of the NY defense. You slighting the Giants.

Geeezus. And I suppose the Dolphins were in complete control of all those games that they managed to squeak out a win
Luck is a factor, even the Phins have said that, but again, you still have to finish. The Pats failed.

LOL....you just got done explaining why the Pats should have lost those games based on a bunch of IF's. Of course they were not perfect, they lost a game. If they had won that game, they would have been perfect in the same fashion that the Dolphins were perfect. They went an entire seaon without losing. That is the only reason the Dolphins are said to have had a perfect season, right?To make a claim to the contrary is ludicrous.
They only reason their lucky wins are relevant now is because they lost the Super Bowl, bearing out what I said - they were a loss waiting to happen. Maybe the 72 Dolphins were too, but THEY DIDN'T. You are the one using the IF's now. The Phins finished. The Pats failed.

Well then how can you lather the rear ends of those precious 72 Dolphins as being the best team ever if they dont even make your own list?
The general consensus in football is that undefeated is as good as it gets. OK, fine. But, if you look at the reality of play, the listed teams (including the 73 Dolphins) were great because they dominated in the game that mattered most - the Super Bowl.
Here are the results:

Year Winner Loser Score Point Diff.
2000 Baltimore Ravens New York Giants 34-7 27
1992 Dallas Cowboys Buffalo Bills 52-17 35
1989 San Francisco 49ers Denver Broncos 55-10 45
1985 Chicago Bears New England Patriots 46-10 36
1979 Pittsburgh Steelers Los Angeles Rams 31-19 12
1973 Miami Dolphins Minnesota Vikings 24-7 17
1967 Green Bay Packers Oakland Raiders 33-14 19
1966 Green Bay Packers Kansas City Chiefs 35-10 25

(forgot the Ravens in original post)

Patriots:
Year Winner Loser Score Point Diff.
2007 New York Giants New England Patriots 14-17 3
2004 New England Patriots Philadelphia Eagles 24-21 3
2003 New England Patriots Carolina Panthers 32-29 3
2001 New England Patriots St. Louis Rams 20-17 3

The 73 Dolphins dominated in the Super Bowl even more that they did in 1972, that is why I say the are a better 'statistical' team. In fact, Csonka set a new record for the Super Bowl with 145 yards rushing. They simply performed better in SBVIII than they did in 1972. I simply mean that the 1973 defense would have played New England better than the 1972 team. But, in terms of season results, how do you beat Perfect?

Right. Next you will probably try to tell us that those 72 Dolphins would easily run the table if they were playing today against the bigger, stronger and faster NFL. And that's the assessment of todays game by players who have actually played the game not conjecture on the part of a fan blindly clinging to the last shreds of glory of a once proud franchise in a truly embarrassing fashion.
Wow, what bitterness. I guess getting punked on national TV and getting your QB laid out like a cheap trollop 5 times will do that.
Anyway, the rules are different today. New England, if their players were constrained by the limits of physical development, technology and a more violent game, yes the Phins would beat them. It is in coaching and philosophy. Shula (the winningest coach in NFL history BTW) would never have been outcoached by the hooded cheater in '72-'73, IMHO. If the talent of the '72-'73 Phins had access to the same physical development, technology and the less violent, far more protective and play limiting rules of today, they would probably play a very close game. Who knows. But, it is all irrelevant anyway because yes! the Dolphins finished and the Pats failed.

and you have come to this conclusion how? Something the Patriots players actually said? I doubt it. Do actual facts ever enter into any of your rantings?
My conclusion came from the arrogance Brady showed in the pregame interviews smirking and scoffing about only 17 points. My conclusion came from the miserable, arrogant and pathetic behavior of their classless coach leaving the sideline with time on the clock.
My impression came from the cavalier way they blew off the fact they got caught cheating. Call it an impression, but there is a proverb that says "Pride goes before a fall and a haughty spirit before destruction."

No kidding. Really?
Its a shame that you had to waste so much bandwidth before making a point that actually makes sense. Congrats.

Again, would you like to replay that game with one loss? Of course, and therefore your agreement bears out everything I said earlier. You finally made sense. Congrats.

Yup, and there is always next year. Something Dolphins fans have been hanging their hats on for decades. Except now they arent looking forward to next year...they have to look forward to next decade before they get a sniff again
Hey, I already said we've had the coaching equivalent of the Bubonic Plague. No doubt. But this blog was not about what the Dolphins have done lately, it is about a beatable New England team that got beat when they thought it couldn't happen, leaving only one undefeated team in history. I have no doubt someone will eventually beat the record, statistics argue against records standing forever, just ask Roger Maris. There is next year, but if you don't make it to the '09 SB, what is your cry then? Wait til next year? Of course. Like all of us. Welcome back to mortality, where your team was all along. You and they just didn't know it. Til last night.

Of course, the difference here is that all that talk about the Patriots being the greatest ever came from the media and from people outside of the organization. In the case of the Dolphins, its the actual players running around sounding like punch drunk boxers. Mercury Morris is an embarassment who got routinely ridiculed every time someone put a microphone in front of him. Someone from the Dolphins organization should have told him to put down the 40 a long time ago.
I was alive in 1972 and the same media crooned over the Phins and built them up to fail just like they did your Patriots. Besides, if the Brady Bunch had gone 19-0, I'm sure in 35 years if no one had matched thier record, you would be defending them as the best ever, too.

This is just a game and ultimately we are fans cheering, as Seinfeld once quipped, for laundry. Your blue laundry got rinsed and washed. My aqua laundry is still undefeated. Because they finished. And the Pats failed.

Someone will beat our record someday.

But not today.

And not by New England.

MIAMI
DOLPHINS FOREVER!

Last edited by TexasRaider; 02-04-2008 at 08:43 PM.
Old 02-04-2008   #15
kuulkatdadieo

Like mama always said, "cheaters never win".

Brady
Old 02-04-2008   #16
FrankieRider2
Site Administrator

GTA Year: 1988

Texas, I'm no clairvoyant, but I think NE is not among your favorite NFL teams?

Man, I'm just razzing you. Miami was the SH** in the early '70s.... Larry Csonka was a hoss, man. John Riggins would have loved to have been Csonka in his heyday. I loved those guys.... Griese, Kiick, Morris.... damn, they were a great team.

The more I watched playbacks today, the more I realized how the Giants defense just totally destroyed NE.... it was an amazing display. I knew the Patriots were in trouble in the first quarter....

FrankieRider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008   #17
TexasRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieRider2
Texas, I'm no clairvoyant, but I think NE is not among your favorite NFL teams?

Man, I'm just razzing you. Miami was the SH** in the early '70s.... Larry Csonka was a hoss, man. John Riggins would have loved to have been Csonka in his heyday. I loved those guys.... Griese, Kiick, Morris.... damn, they were a great team.

The more I watched playbacks today, the more I realized how the Giants defense just totally destroyed NE.... it was an amazing display. I knew the Patriots were in trouble in the first quarter....
I knew you were having fun with me! Only someone who knew nothing at all about football would diss the 1970's Dolphins. And I gotta believe my man Csonka is one of the toughest players ever! BTW, I never said the Pattycakes were a bad team, just not unbeatable or perfect. Still only one of those.

But you were right about the Giants just plain whipping their can. In fact, some predicted this. An ex-Seahawks linebacker named Ken Hutchinson called Rush LImbaugh last Thursday and PREDICTED almost exactly what happened. Way cool and eerie. Guess those who actually played the game, not the hype-droolers, saw the truth!

Click Here For Ken Hutchinson On Rush Limbaugh with His Super Bowl 42 Prediction

Last edited by TexasRaider; 02-04-2008 at 10:52 PM.
Old 02-04-2008   #18
MunsonGTA
Bad luck or no luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88GTAEd
yeah! go cleveland!!! they had a pretty good year considering...
it would have been a good season if we could have beat shittsburg atleast once. i'm still pissed as hell about that. we finally got the team playing together though with basically everybody there. we had winslow and edwards together, and an offensive line that could actually hold the defense back for longer then 2 seconds. everybody gave fry shit about how bad he was, but he really got the shaft from not having a line. the line played MUCH better this year, and that's what made anderson look as good as he did. next year we'll be in the playoffs, espically if brady quinn starts.

11.16 at 123 mph.
Old 02-04-2008   #19
TexasRaider

Do me a favor and beat the Bengals and Ravens. Both. Twice each. Ok?
They are the most thuggish teams in the NFL and I'd hate to see them make the playoffs. (Although judging by this year's performance we may not really need to worry about Faultimore.)
Old 02-04-2008   #20
MunsonGTA
Bad luck or no luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes
Now, now....Let's not get crazy
well we had basically the worst defense in all of football. and we still only lost by 17 points. sure 17 points seems like alot, but look at what the patriots did this year. and i believe we were the first team all year to hold the patriots to a scoreless quarter. if anderson wouldn't have thrown 3 picks, it would have been a different game. i don't like the fact that we lost, but i think we put up a good effort.

D. Anderson 22/43 287 2td 3int
T. Brady 22/38 265 3td 0int

J. Wright (our backup) 15 rushes 59 yards
S. Morris 21 rushes 102 yards

B. Edwards 6 catches 110 yards 0 td 36 long
R. Moss 3 catches 46 yards 0 td 20 long

Key stat:
Anderson threw three interceptions -- all coming in the Browns' scoreless first half. Seau had two of the picks, while Samuel had his third interception of the season.

Noteworthy:
Browns RB Jamal Lewis left after just one play -- and 11-yard run -- with a foot injury

11.16 at 123 mph.